Senior Desktop Analyst
San Francisco, CA
Under the direction of the Technology Services Director, the role of the Sr. Desktop Analyst resident in the San Francisco office is a highly technical hands-on position, responsible for the day-to-day support of the office. Responsibilities include providing second level support for desktops, laptops, mobile devices, applications and remote access to end-users as well as the deployment and physical maintenance of all endpoints, mobile devices, telephones and related hardware.
- Manage and respond to all support requests (incidents or service) submitted in ServiceNow, documenting all troubleshooting and resolution steps.
- Perform desk side visits and/or remote troubleshooting support as needed.
- Deploy and provide direct support of firm issued hardware, this includes desktops, laptops, printers, MFDs, monitors, telephones, mobile devices and other related hardware. This includes equipment upgrade and repairs.
- Provide second level support and troubleshooting for the following;
- Windows 10 and MAC OS
- Applications (Microsoft Suite 2016, O365, DeskSite), including non-standard installations.
- Install and support the firm’s remote access technologies (Citrix and VPN).
- Maintain inventory of the firm’s (general and loaner) equipment; laptops, desktops, printers and mobile devices in ServiceNow.
- Build and rebuild desktops and laptops using standardized tools.
- Perform computer builds, office setup and mobile devices in preparation for the new hires.
- Follows equipment reclamation process for departing employees.
- Monitor, resolve and maintain all conference rooms audio/visual connections and software.
- Support the web conferencing platforms (Zoom, WebEx, Teams).
- Work closely with the NY IT team on any issues affecting the local office i.e. networking, telephony, printing, etc.
- Work with the NY team in evaluating new technology offerings, defining and communicating best practices.
- Participate in the creation, implementation and continual improvement of standards, processes and procedures required to deliver high quality service.
- Perform virus remediation in conjunction with directives from the IS Security team.
- Setup equipment in conference rooms, visiting attorneys/clients and perform quality control checks.
- Monitor and mitigate risk and escalate appropriately.
- Generate documentation for new processes/update existing process (ex. new install procedures, software usage instructions, mobile app installation).
- Provides assistance during any IS technology implementation within the firm.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or related field, and a minimum of ten years’ experience in desktop and remote access support.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills in Windows and MAC OS and applications including but not limited to current versions of:
- Microsoft Suite 2016 and O365
- Citrix Remote Access, Cisco AnyConnect VPN
- Wireless Networking
- Knowledge of network topology and SCCM.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and effectively complete designated job assignments under significant time constraints.
- Ability to communicate effectively with firm personnel at all levels and outside parties as necessary.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact and work productively with other departments in Information Systems.
- Initiative and ability to work independently.
- Lifting and moving of computer equipment is required
- Attendance Requirements: On site during normal working hours and available as necessary before or after normal working hours to work at the firm, over the telephone, or at off-site meetings, in order to meet the demands of the job and the needs of the firm.
- Travel Requirements: Ability to engage in off-site travel as required from time to time, in order to meet the demands of the job, and the needs of the firm
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Date Active: 4.26.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt