New York, NY
Premier, global, firm seeks the best and brightest talent to join their Administrative Staff team. Their employees are the future of the Firm so they invest in your training and development. Their environment embraces and encourages positive-minded professionals who seek to be challenged and acquire knowledge and skills in an atmosphere built on teamwork. Highly skilled and knowledgeable Administrative Staff assist their attorneys in successfully meeting and exceeding client needs and are vital to the overall success of the Firm
The Senior Corporate Paralegal will assist attorneys with their responsibilities and assignments in connection with the representation of their clients by handling day-to-day transaction management.
Primary Responsibilities and/or Essential Functions
- Assist with fund formation.
- Maintain internal database of investor information.
- Analyze and review subscription agreements and side letters.
- Assist with entity formation, including corporate name availability and reservation, assist with drafting of corporate organizational documents, assist with corporate records maintenance, and prepare foreign qualifications, dissolutions and withdrawals.
- Draft ancillary documents under attorney supervision (e.g., officer’s certificates, bylaws, corporate resolutions, stock certificates, collateral receipt letters, etc.).
- Proofread and revise principle transaction documents (e.g., Private Placement Memorandum, Operating Agreement, Limited Partnership Agreement, etc.).
- Disseminate documentation to clients and to outside parties; work efficiently with firm support services, such as, Reprographics, Document Production and outside couriers.
- Create closing checklist and working group list; draft signature pages and assist with preparation of agreements, schedules and exhibits. Proof documents and track the status of document preparation. Incorporate client and outside counsel comments in documents.
- Prepare closing files, labels, and folders and assist with the closing. Compile executed documents and save onto internal document management system (DeskSite).
- Organize and distribute originally executed agreements to client and outside counsel. Compile and index documents for preparation of closing binder. Assemble and distribute closing binders in a timely fashion.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe.
- Proactive self-starter who understands the details within the larger context.
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments and prioritize accordingly.
- Be a team player
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to confidently and graciously interact with Associates, Partners, Paralegals and all staff members.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university with strong academic record.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Date Active: 4.15.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt