New York, NY or Boston, MA
The Sr. Corporate Paralegal works effectively and collaboratively with attorneys and client teams across offices and assists in preparing and filing documents related to incorporation and corporate governance. The Sr. Corporate Paralegal works directly with clients during transactions, such as financings, initial public offerings and mergers and acquisitions.
About This Role
- Assists with the formation, maintenance and dissolution of corporations, limited liability companies, limited partnerships and other types of business entities.
- Assists in all phases of venture capital financings, mergers and acquisitions, public offerings, and loan and securities transactions; coordinates all related pre- and post- closing documents.
- Assists with all aspects of stock issuance and stock plan administration, including preparation of stock option agreements, stock purchase agreements, and stock transfer agreements.
- Uses web-based equity tracking systems, including Carta and Shareworks, to maintain company capitalization, including preparation of stock certificates, debt and equity issuances, and capitalization spreadsheets.
- Serves as a liaison with ongoing clients regarding the maintenance of stock records and corporate records; provides assistance with additional corporate maintenance as necessary.
- Assists attorneys with the drafting, preparation and filing of registration statements, form 144s, proxies and other periodic filings with the SEC, Rule 144 opinions, and performs searches on EDGAR.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Contributes to the Firm’s Service Excellence initiative to consistently improve its image internally and externally. Displays professionalism, quality service and a “can do” attitude to internal members/departments of the Firm as well as external clients and vendors via electronic and print correspondence, over the telephone and in-person.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong familiarity with Carta, Shareworks and/or similar Web based equity tracking systems
- Ability to supervise senior project assistants and/or project assistants
- Ability to track and process expenses
- Ability to work overtime and travel
- BA/BS preferred
- Notary preferred
- Minimum 5 years of related experience including general corporate and transactional work preferred.
*Upon joining the firm new hires will go through our onboarding program and be paired with a staff mentor to help them acclimate to the firm. Additionally, there will be opportunities for new employees to take advantage of training and development, public service, and diversity and inclusion programs.
**Firm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability or veteran status, or other protected status.
Salary: $100,000.00-$140,000.00, dependent on experience and location
Date Active: 2.17.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt