Boston, New York, or Washington, DC
The Senior Corporate Paralegal will provide paralegal support primarily to the corporate attorneys in the Boston office as well as providing support to the Corporate & Securities section across the firm, as needed.
- Prepare for and assist with closings and client meetings.
- Prepare drafts of closing agenda, corporate resolutions, closing certificates, assignments, releases and bills of sale for attorney review.
- Assemble, catalogue and assist attorneys in analyzing due diligence.
- Order and assist attorneys in analyzing UCC, Tax Lien, and Litigation Searches.
- Order Certificates of Good Standing and certified documents and documentation for closings, agreement representations and back-up documentation for legal opinions.
- Maintain corporate and stock records.
- Prepare drafts of and file SEC, Blue Sky and UCC filings.
- Prepare drafts of and file entity formation documents for profit and non-profit corporations, limited liability companies, business trusts and limited partnerships including: Certificates of Formation, Certificates of Limited Partnership, Articles/Certificates of Incorporation, By-Laws, Initial Action by Incorporator, Initial Director Action, Stock Subscription Agreements, Stock Certificates, Applications for Employer Identification Number, Foreign Qualifications and related documents.
- Prepare drafts of and file annual reports.
- Prepare drafts of and file documents for qualifications, mergers, conversions and dissolutions.
- Process audit letters.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years of corporate paralegal experience preferably in a mid to large law firm environment.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to execute through to completion.
- Creative problem-solving skills, reasoning ability and logical thought process.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize competing demands and meet various deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally interact and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Outstanding sense of customer service.
- Enthusiastic, proactive, and positive attitude.
- Ability to handle confidential matters with discretion.
- Must be self-motivated to produce quality work.
- High level of integrity and honesty.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to quickly get up to speed and master new applications and software is critical.
- Flexibility to work overtime when necessary.
*Absent an exemption required by law, each employee is required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including having received a booster dose if eligible for it.
Date Active: 2.16.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt