New York, Washington, DC or California
The Competitive Intelligence Senior Coordinator supports the production of competitive intelligence (“CI”) and business development research and analysis for the firm. In this capacity, the Competitive Intelligence Senior Coordinator assists in providing business development professionals and key firm stakeholders actionable intelligence on clients, prospects, lateral talent, and competitors. This role requires a high level of attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, with multiple stakeholders.
In this capacity, the Senior Coordinator, Competitive Intelligence will:
- Support the successful execution of CI and business development research and analysis requests from across the Americas, Asia, and Europe;
- Compile business and news research on current and potential clients using tools such as Lexis, Capital IQ, Lex Machina and D&B Hoovers/One Source;
- Research and prepare biographical info on current and potential clients and lateral talent;
- Conduct initial investigative research for potential litigation matters and transactions;
- Analyze court dockets for data used in pitches and proposals;
- Conduct initial evaluations of new research tools, technologies, and offerings for use in CI research;
- Supports business development and lateral recruiting efforts through competitive analysis and review of business and industry trends;
- Maintain metrics on completed CI projects for monthly and annual reports;
- Provide team member training on CI and business development research tools and resources;
- Participate in Business Development & Marketing departmental cross-training;
- Work overtime as required; and
- Handle additional related projects as assigned.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Advanced proficiency to prioritize and balance competing demands and meet deadlines in a fast-paced professional environment;
- Advanced proficiency to organize, analyze and share large amounts of data clearly with stakeholders;
- Advanced research skills and proficiency in legal and business research resources and databases employed by global law firms;
- Advanced communication, writing and proofreading skills;
- Fundamental knowledge of marketing principles, procedures, concepts and practical applications;
- Fundamental knowledge of the needs and expectations of law firm operations and corporate legal clients in order to function at a strategic level;
- Fundamental knowledge of legal concepts;
- Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to drive results with minimal direction; and
- Strong client service.
- Bachelor’s degree required (emphasis in research, law or business preferred); MLS/MLIS, JD or MBA a plus;
- 3-5 years of Competitive Intelligence experience (professional services industry experience preferred); and
- 1+ year of business development-related experience in a professional services or legal environment (preferred).
Salary: Competitive market compensation
Date Active: 2.10.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt