Washington, DC, New York, or Boston
Reports to: Administrative Partner
The Senior Conflicts Attorney will lead our intake and conflicts staff to administer our intake and conflicts process and work with attorneys throughout the Firm to ensure the accurate and timely identification, analysis, and resolution of potential conflicts and prompt client/matter openings.
- Manage conflict of interest processes and procedures.
- Review existing processes, engage in continuous improvement of processes and institute quality control measures to insure adherence to procedures.
- Assist in complex aspects of conflicts management.
- Develop training programs for legal and non-legal staff members.
- Assist with the development, documentation, and implementation of formal guidelines detailing intake and conflict processes and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with risk management policies and procedures.
- Research, analyze and help resolve conflicts for new clients and matters as well as for new hires, attorney surveys, and additional parties on existing matters.
- Conduct thorough reviews of and track Intapp intake forms and engagement letters.
- Confirm new matter terms match the corresponding Intapp approval and engagement letter.
- Oversee the opening of new matters and clients in Aderant as well as requests to reopen matters.
- Assist in the management of unbilled time in the Expert Time system, inclusive of tracking new matter requests and the preparation of reports.
- Assist with the management of the Firm’s docketing system.
- Determine and decide, in consultation with attorneys throughout the Firm in appropriate cases, whether a conflict waiver is or is not required.
- Provide expertise to Firm attorneys and management in the conflict check process.
- Directly supervise Intake and Conflicts Manager and UK Compliance Manager and indirectly oversee Intake, Risk and Conflicts team.
- Other related tasks as so required.
- Bachelor’s degree/JD required.
- Active licensed attorney.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of legal intake and conflicts experience required in a high-volume automated environment.
- Computer skills including, but not limited to, legal accounting/billing systems, familiarity with web-based research for conflict checking purposes, knowledge of databases and accurate typing skills.
- Knowledge of the ethical rules of professional conduct as they relate to conflicts of interest.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize assignments and move quickly from one to another.
- Ability to work extended hours on a short-term and limited basis to accommodate short-term activity spikes and urgent requests.
- Managerial/Supervisory experience required.
- Team player.
- Aderant and Intapp experience preferred.
Salary: Highly competitive merit based compensation
Date Active: 6.10.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt