New York, NY or Washington, DC
Firms’ Client Relations team partners with the Firm’s senior lawyers and client-facing administrative departments to strengthen key client relationships. Client law departments are increasingly demanding more from their law firms, and client’s legal operations teams often seek to collaborate with law firm professionals to deliver on the client’s business objectives and internal metrics. The Senior Client Relations Manager will play a critical role in managing one of the firm’s largest client relationships by delivering operational excellence, managing day-to-day client interactions and operations, and identifying and addressing areas of improvement to support the firm’s ability to consistently provide value. This position reports to the Director of Client Relations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to strengthen client relationships and improve client service.
- Collaborate with client legal operations teams to identify mutually agreed upon objectives, expectations, and timelines, and act as an internal and external project manager who ensures successful tracking and delivery of client goals across key financial, operational, and service capabilities.
- Keep internal stakeholders informed of important client communications and initiatives through team meetings and other channels.
- Coordinate with other administrative departments — such as Strategic Pricing, Accounting, and Diversity & Inclusion — to provide comprehensive and consistent responses to client needs.
- Leverage data and analytics to advise the Firm’s lawyers on how to make more informed business decisions involving matter budgeting, staffing, and pricing.
- Facilitate the gathering and sharing of client feedback to obtain insight on firm’s relationships and work, and ways we can continue to improve our client service.
- Prepare client pitch materials, including responses to RFPs, and conduct preparatory sessions with attorneys prior to client meetings. Track win/loss record.
- Analyze industry, client, and legal data to proactively identify potential client needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field is required. MBA a plus.
- Minimum of five years of experience in professional services marketing and business development and/or project management.
- Previous law firm experience is highly desirable.
- Experience with demonstrated growth in scope of responsibilities within a law firm or professional services organization. Experience managing teams in a client-facing role is strongly preferred.
- Ability to draft client-facing language clearly and concisely.
- Ability to summarize complex quantitative concepts, both orally and in written communications, to internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Facility with Salesforce and knowledge management tools are a plus.
- Must be proactive and have the ability to manage and prioritize multiple simultaneous projects and complete work within given time constraints.
- Candidate must be detail-oriented, exercise sound judgment and possess the confidence and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with the Firm’s senior management, attorneys, and clients.
Salary: $157,000.00 plus, dependent on experience and location
Date Active: 6.6.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt