Senior Business Development Coordinator (Litigation and Intellectual Property)
New York, Mountain View, San Francisco, San Jose, Foster City Santa Monica, Seattle
A California based Global Law Firm is seeking for a Senior Business Development Coordinator (Litigation & Intellectual Property) who will further the firm’s business development efforts through support of specific practice groups, individual partners, and senior business development staff. This position can be based in any of our offices.
- Assist the Senior Business Development Manager, Director and Senior Director in supporting partners’ business development (“BD”) goals, including monitoring progress of their BD efforts.
- Maintain and report on various sales metrics that will help improve the efficiency of the firm’s BD efforts.
- Prepare research and marketing/sales materials for meetings with prospective clients.
- Assist in responding to proposal (RFP) and pitch opportunities.
- Assist in completing post mortems on lost pitches.
- Enter data on pre and post pitch activities to CRM database and management of various practice and industry focused BD pipelines.
- Maintain updates to practice focused marketing client lists, experience management database, pitch templates, attorney biographies and related marketing materials.
- Assist with submissions to ranking agencies.
- Conduct various research projects for practice groups.
- Provide support to Recruiting department in preparing new hire/lateral promotional materials and event related materials.
- Support of the firm website, including updates to practice group descriptions, attorney biographies and representative matters.
- Support of practice related events and sponsorships as assigned.
- Intermediate understanding of the law firm sales cycle and professional services BD best practices.
- Intermediate understanding of the firm’s legal services and the life sciences and technology industries.
- Ability to write about legal and technical topics and proofread related materials generated by attorneys and other marketing and BD staff with a high degree of accuracy.
- Advanced legal, business and competitive intelligence research, data collection and reporting skills, including use of CRM tools and proprietary research databases such as LexisNexis, Thomson Reuters and Westlaw.
- Experience preparing RFP responses and pitch materials.
- Highly proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
- Knowledge of CRM database, preferably InterAction.
- Ability to prioritize ongoing tasks and significant projects, as well as manage expectations of attorneys in relation to these projects.
- Strong client service ethic and outstanding interpersonal skills, capable of working seamlessly with high level partners, marketing staff and colleagues in other administrative departments.
- Highly organized, efficient and extremely detail oriented, with superior proofreading and fact checking skills.
- Capable of staying productive and accurate under pressure with tight deadlines (a sense of humor helps, too).
- Ability to supervise and mentor junior BD/marketing staff.
- Self-motivated, takes initiative and is able to work independently.
Reporting to the Senior Business Development Manager, the qualified candidate will have 5+ years of experience in a marketing or business development capacity with a professional services background, preferably legal. Previous experience supporting a Litigation practice group is a plus. Bachelor’s degree required.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Date Active: 3.29.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt