New York, NY
The Senior Billing Coordinator analyzes and processes detailed billing reports and drafts client bills in addition to managing a partners client portfolio in totality.
- Handles heavy volume of highly complex billing portfolios.
- Works collaboratively with various department’s to ensure all phases of client billing is executed.
- Works independently and perform on ad hoc analyses of complex client accounts with respect to collections, rates and client responses regarding invoices.
- Communicates with billing attorney/secretary and Client representatives in the resubmission of invoices; also take initiatives to document for future submissions.
- Provides support in all phases of client billing, including ebilling.
- Utilizes billing system to retrieve client information and draft bills on behalf of partners.
- Responds to client inquires about billings and collections.
- Analyzes time and disbursement detailed billing proformas for billing.
- Responds to partner requests for changes or corrections, advises partner of any changes taking place.
- Maintains a billing file for each partner detailing all transfers, edits and corrections.
- Maintains a tickler file of all follow-up on all billings, changes and/or corrections.
- Enters bills into the billing system.
- Processes write-offs, applies on-account payments and place bills on reserve as deemed appropriate.
- Utilizes the Firm’s collection program to maintain client and matter correspondence.
- Associate’s degree in accounting, finance or a related field and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s preferred.
Experience and Skills
- 3 to 5 years of experience of client billing
- Experience utilizing billing software
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; friendly, tactful, good ability to influence others.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Highly advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports, billing procedures, and client guidelines.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from partners, associates, managers, clients and the general public.
- The duties of the position may require extended and irregular hours to perform the essential duties of the position.
Date Active: 2.1.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt