Austin, TX; Boston, MA; Denver, CO; Los Angeles, CA; New York, NY; Palo Alto, CA; San Diego, CA; San Francisco; Washington, DC
The Senior Awards & Recognition Specialist provides leadership for the firm’s award submissions, collaborating with marketing colleagues, other Firm departments, lawyers, and firm management.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive plan for the Firm’s participation in key legal rankings and awards organizations in support of the Firm’s priorities. Supports directory submissions as needed.
- Lead key aspects of the Firm’s process for responding to awards and select survey requests. Responsible for research, writing content, or coordinating content and maintaining consistent Firm image and voice throughout responses.
- Manage all aspects of production and distribution of responses. Review content, use independent judgment to populate database fields with descriptions of relevant topics and appropriate language regarding standard topics, such as practice descriptions, diversity and technology. Ensure submissions supported by transactions, cases, and other hard data.
- Develop and implement solutions and processes aimed at improving the quality of the submissions and outcomes, and generating firm-wide efficiencies. Leverage Salesforce and other marketing technology to realize this vision.
- Proactively develop plans to ensure all submissions are reviewed and completed within targeted timeframes.
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant researchers, publication editors, reporters.
- Report submissions results to firm management and marketing team. Answers questions regarding results and firm strategy. Develop and maintain information on efficacy of submissions; maintain statistics regarding participation and rankings achievements.
- Maintain historical and comparative analysis of submissions statistics. Work with marketing team, partners, and others on strategic submissions based on this data.
- Perform ongoing maintenance of survey and ranking content to ensure most current versions; ensure data and editorial changes are reflected in and consistently made throughout relevant submissions and relevant marketing collateral.
- Advise and educate lawyers and business development liaisons on preparing successful legal submissions, choosing client references, and preparing for interviews..
- Oversee awards research calendars, submissions, client references and lawyer interviews, in close coordination with members of the marketing team. Provide training, mentoring and advice in all aspects of the legal directory research process.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Advanced degree a plus.
- Experience developing and producing global submissions for awards publications (e.g. Law 360, Financial Times, American Lawyer, etc.) and interfacing with lawyers and business development liaisons in preparing legal submissions.
- 5 years of relevant experience in professional services marketing and/or legal awards; law firm experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of core marketing principles including driving innovative tools and programs, competitive intelligence, market research, pitch and submissions responses.
- Strong organizational and project management skills; ability to prioritize work, and work within competing deadlines.
- Excellent writing and editorial skills; able to focus written materials to ensure impact on targeted business and legal audiences. Creative problem solving skills and the ability to think beyond the task or project at hand.
- Ability to prepare accurate, highly detailed work product.
- Ability to exchange information and to present ideas, report facts and other information clearly and concisely.
- Proven ability to work with word processing software, Excel, Adobe products, computer databases, desktop publishing software in a Windows-based environment.
- Strong motivation to apply skills and knowledge proactively.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet deadlines under sometimes stressful conditions.
- Reliability, dependability, and strong motivation to respond to requests quickly.
- Excellent teamwork skills and a strong client service orientation.
- Salesforce experience a plus.
Where required by law, salary ranges are stated below. Additional compensation may include a discretionary bonus, overtime as applicable, health/welfare benefits, retirement contributions, paid holidays, and PTO. The range displayed is specifically for positions performed in those cities/states and may vary based on factors including but not limited to the following: local market data and ranges; an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience; and certain degrees, licensing, and certifications. This is a hybrid position, with 1-2 days/week in office.
- New York, San Francisco, Palo Alto salary range: $100k to $115k
- Los Angeles, San Diego, Boston, Washington, D.C. salary range: $90k to $105k
- Denver, Austin salary range: $80k to $95k
Salary: $80,000 – $115,000, depending on experience, location, and qualifications
Date Active: 3.15.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt