New York, NY
Support the general ledger accounting responsibilities for the firm including the New York head office as well as the domestic and international branch offices.
- the preparation and/or review of the following:
- Monthly bank and general ledger account reconciliations to ensure accurate and timely booking of transactions
- Quarterly and annual tax analyses
- Annual international branch office tax workpapers and financial statements
- Schedules and analyses for the annual firm and pension financial statement audits
- Maintain the Sage (Best) fixed asset system as well as preparing monthly amortization / depreciation entries
- Develop, implement and document accounting policies and procedures
- Preparing as well as reviewing / approving staff prepared journal entries
- Assist with the month end close including analyzing and preparing monthly / YTD income statement variance explanations
- Be the main point of contact for branch office support and assist with their annual budget preparation
- Mentor and coaching staff accountants including review of staff prepared analysis and workpapers
- Ad Hoc projects
In addition, responsibilities related to maintaining firm and client information are to be adhered to by all employees. This includes complying with the firm’s information security policies, protecting firm assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference, and reporting security events or potential events or other security risks to management.
- S. or B.A. in Accounting required
- 5 plus years of general accounting experience including experience as a senior accountant. Law firm or public accounting experience together with CPA preferred.
- Excellent MS Excel and Word skills required.
- Elite 3E, Sage (Best) Fixed Asset System and Essbase experience preferred.
- Analytical, good problem-solving, organizational, time management, interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills required.
- Must exhibit professionalism, flexibility, a teamwork approach and attention to detail. Ability to work overtime if necessary.
The base salary range offered for this role will be between $90,000 and $111,000. When determining a candidate’s compensation offer, elements unique to each person are taken into consideration including but not limited to skill set, experience level, performance, professional certifications, degrees and location, as well as the needs of the Firm.
The total compensation package for this position may include overtime pay, discretionary bonuses and other benefits.
Salary: $90,000 – $111,000
Date Active: 3.3.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt