Support the general ledger accounting responsibilities for the firm including the New York head office as well as the domestic and international branch offices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the preparation and/or review of the following:
- Monthly bank and general ledger account reconciliations to ensure accurate and timely booking of transactions.
- Quarterly and annual tax analyses.
- Annual international branch office tax workpapers and financial statements.
- Schedules and analyses for the annual firm and pension financial statement audits.
- Maintain the Sage (Best) Fixed Asset System as well as preparing monthly amortization / depreciation entries.
- Develop, implement and document accounting policies and procedures.
- Preparing as well as reviewing / approving journal entries.
- Assist with the month end close including analyzing and preparing monthly / YTD income statement variance explanations.
- Be the main point of contact for branch office support and assist with their annual budget preparation.
- Mentor and train Staff Accountants including review of staff prepared analysis and workpapers.
- Ad Hoc projects.
In addition, responsibilities related to maintaining firm and client information are to be adhered to by all employees. This includes complying with the firm’s information security policies, protecting firm assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference, and reporting security events or potential events or other security risks to management.
- Excellent MS Excel and Word skills required.
- Elite 3E, Sage (Best) Fixed Asset System and Essbase experience preferred.
- Analytical, good problem-solving, organizational, time management, interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills required.
- Must exhibit professionalism, flexibility, a teamwork approach and attention to detail. Ability to work overtime if necessary.
Education and/or Experience
B.S. or B.A. Accounting major required with 5 plus years of general accounting experience. Law firm or public accounting experience together with CPA preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary: $100,000.00-$120,000.00, dependent on experience
Date Active: September 28, 2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt