New York, NY
The RFP Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and client surveys across the Corporate and Litigation departments, including writing bespoke responsive material, timely collecting and coordinating responsive information from various stakeholders across the Firm, developing and maintaining a precedent library, and creating templates. This role works closely with the Corporate and Litigation Business Development team leads to drive business opportunities and strategies for the Firm.
- Drafts and produces substantive responses to complex RFPs and client surveys, managing all aspects of the process from start to finish;
- Develops and maintains a precedent library or database to efficiently reference and leverage prior responses in drafting new persuasive content;
- Develops and maintains best practices for the process of responding to RFPs and client surveys, including tracking sources of information within the Firm and creating procedures for drafting responses efficiently and consistently;
- Collaborates and coordinates with subject matter experts and internal contributors to ensure content is complete, consistent, accurate and maximizes business opportunities; includes working directly with partners in a variety of practice areas to effectively oversee responses to RFPs and client surveys, and liaising closely with other internal support departments (such as Finance, Billing, Information Technology, Human Resources, Legal Personnel, Litigation Support, and Office of General Counsel) to obtain data and other responsive information;
- Gains a technical understanding of the products and technology used by companies soliciting RFPs and client surveys, and develops a win-loss tracking system together with a process for feedback to leverage experience from submitted proposals;
- Serves as a mentor for junior members of the pitch team;
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both verbally and in writing, and the ability to work directly with partners under tight deadlines; and
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, with preference for candidates who majored in journalism, public relations, English, literature, marketing or other communications-related field; JD preferred.
- At least 4-8+ years of law firm or other professional service firm experience, with a solid understanding of law firm practice;
- Experience in writing for various audiences and/or in a professional services environment (law firm experience a plus);
- Very strong writing and proofreading skills, and a track record of working well in a fast-paced setting with a highly collaborative team;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including communicating directly with senior personnel at the Firm;
- Ability to synthesize data and accurately capture it in a narrative, and to turn technical jargon into clear copy;
- Demonstrates close attention to detail;
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational and planning skills;
- Solid strategic thinking and problem-solving capability, coupled with excellent judgment and decision-making abilities;
- Strong intuitive skills, and the ability to translate experience and lessons from one project to the next;
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to work well under pressure in an environment with shifting priorities, meet time-sensitive deadlines and actively follow-up as needed to meet deadlines;
- Knowledge of relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems;
- Experience utilizing technology, including website, intranet, extranets, databases, knowledge management tools and presentation software;
- Strong leadership qualities, including the ability to create and maintain a strong team environment, inspire confidence and help others set and reach goals; and
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs, including working overtime as needed.
Salary: Up to $180K, dependent on experience
Date Active: 9.21.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt