New York, NY
The Restructuring Paralegal works effectively and collaboratively to provide organizational and substantive support to attorneys and paralegals in the Dispute Resolution and Restructuring Department. Assignments may extend into other practice areas and departments.
- Manage assigned cases and their related tasks and projects
- Perform full range of paralegal tasks from case inception through case closure.
- Monitor court docket sheets for assigned cases and take ownership of case calendars.
- Prepare drafts of notices, motions, fee applications and proofs of claims.
- Bluebook, cite check, and Shepardize briefs.
- Prepare deposition notices, organizing, maintaining and preparing deposition materials, exhibits and summaries.
- Remain current in industry trends in Bankruptcy/Restructuring and the legal profession.
- Ensure expertise in technology relevant to the position; proactively use most current technology to further teamwork, client service, and efficiency.
- At least seven plus years of Bankruptcy experience in a law firm.
- Large firm experience a plus. eDiscovery experience a plus.
- Education: BA/BS required.
- Paralegal certificate a plus. Knowledge of Bankruptcy Court procedures and practices.
- Familiarity with Chapter 11 reorganization process and basic documents such as, SoFAs, disclosure statements, and plans of reorganization.
- Experience with preparing monthly statements, interim, and final fee applications.
- Prior working experience in the bankruptcy group of a law firm representing debtors and creditors in complex chapter 11 and chapter 7 cases.
- Experience with Best Case Bankruptcy or a similar bankruptcy filing preparation program.
- Experience with e-filing within the Federal Courts, specifically with both the U.S. Bankruptcy and the U.S District Courts.
- Familiarity with CM/ECF and PACER filing system.
- Ability to conduct research using various research tools, including the Internet, Westlaw, Dunn & Bradstreet, and Courtlink. Proficient in bluebooking.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong sense of accountability, taking ownership over projects and responsibilities and resolving issues proactively.
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Ability to assess information, anticipate issues and outcomes, and make effective decisions.
- Ability to manage multiple requests, assess priorities, and achieve solutions under deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills and a strong client service orientation.
- Flexibility to work overtime as required.
$80,000 – $110,000, nonexempt. Compensation varies based on experience and qualifications.
Salary: $80,000 – $110,000
Date Active: 5.12.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt