Washington DC, New York, San Francisco, Silicon Valley or LA
The Research Services Department has an opening for a Research Coordinator to join our energetic, creative, and service-oriented global team. This position can be located in our Washington, DC, New York, San Francisco, Silicon Valley, or Los Angeles offices. The Research Coordinator works as part of a firm-wide team to support the information needs of attorneys and other timekeepers, management and administrative staff. The Research Coordinator handles the department’s on-demand reference and document delivery requests using internal and external resources to ensure cost-efficiency.
- Performing on demand reference and document research services across a wide range of subject areas using a variety of print and electronic resources, including free and fee-based databases and websites.
- Actively participating in department and other internal firm meetings.
- Promoting the services of the Department firm-wide.
- Participating in, or leading, special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Enrollment in an MLS program at an ALA accredited school is a plus.
- A minimum of one year of experience providing on demand reference in a law library. Law firm experience is strongly preferred.
- Basic knowledge of research methodology, print and electronic resources and tools in the areas of law relevant to the Firm’s practice.
- Ability to make cost-effective use of a wide range of free and fee-based resources, such as Westlaw, Lexis Advance and Bloomberg BNA to conduct basic research and retrieve documents.
- Familiarity with library and law firm technologies, including software and products used for communication, research and knowledge sharing.
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, creative and highly organized individual with strong attention to detail.
- Strong customer service orientation and a positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to forge relationships with management, colleagues and a diverse clientele.
- Effective work habits, including the ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities under deadlines.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Date Active: 2.5.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt