Washington, DC or Dallas, TX
Premier, global, law firm has an immediate opening for a Research Analyst to provide high-level research on legal and non-legal topics to attorneys and staff in all locations, train attorneys and staff on electronic resources, and evaluate the value and benefit of current and proposed resources.
- Conduct all facets of legal and non-legal research using appropriate print and online sources. Work together with other Research Analysts to provide quality coverage to all offices.
- Develop training programs for attorneys and staff and lead orientations of research services to new hires.
- Create online research guides on various subjects. Organize and enhance content to assist users in finding information on the firm’s intranet and ILS portal.
- Evaluate new products as necessary and make recommendations for the purchase of resources based on the needs of practice areas and business development.
- Work with Collection Management Librarian to identify possible new acquisitions, changes to print needs, and with the weeding and maintenance of office libraries.
- Lead or participate in special projects as assigned by the Director of Research and Knowledge Services.
- Master of Library Science or Information Studies from an accredited university.
- Three years of research experience in a law firm, corporate or academic law library.
- Understanding of legal, business, electronic information sources and research methods.
- Knowledge of online legal and non-legal services, service providers, and library operations.
- Familiarity with library catalog software, legal research resources, and SharePoint. Proficient in Westlaw, Lexis Advance, Bloomberg Law, Capital IQ, Intelligize, FactSet, Cheetah, and RIA Checkpoint.
- Ability to answer requests in a timely manner; gather analyses and deliver information quickly, efficiently and cost effectively; capable of working with a diverse client base and practice group changes; ability to manage multiple projects at one time and to prioritize and organize effectively; excellent interpersonal and communication skills, proven ability to teach individuals and small groups in formal and informal settings.
Firm will require COVID vaccination for all employees who will have any in-office presence with proof of vaccination being required. Individuals with medical or religious reasons for remaining unvaccinated may request an accommodation.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 10.26.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt