Washington, DC, New York or Boston
The Regulatory Analyst supports the Firm’s regulatory attorneys (including the Financial Services team) by monitoring federal and state legislative and regulatory developments impacting a broad array of industries and helping Firm attorneys anticipate and respond to changes in government policy and agency expectations.
- Monitor, research, and analyze federal and state legislation, judicial decisions, regulatory proposals, political trends, and other agency initiatives affecting Firm healthcare and life sciences
- Curate research results and assist with and contribute to the preparation, editing, and delivery of internal guidance and client alerts (e.g., blogs and email newsletters).
- Maintain charts and databases to track research and other initiatives, and assist with various document and information management needs of the practice group.
- Manage government/regulatory filings and compliance processes.
- Develop, implement, and manage internal processes to monitor timelines and checklists in support of practice group projects.
- Update and refine practice tools (e.g., diligence materials, questionnaires).
- Respond to ad-hoc requests, often under tight deadlines.
- Other tasks as assigned by practice group or paralegal management.
Skills and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in healthcare policy or political science.
- 1 to 3 years of experience monitoring, researching, and analyzing federal and state legislation and policy matters.
- Availability to work overtime, as required.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, including Excel.
- Experience with medical device submission process.
- Specific interest or experience with healthcare and FDA regulatory issues affecting healthcare and life sciences clients.
- Experience working in or consulting for or with respect to federal and/or state government agencies.
- Previous law firm experience.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well with others-including delegating and being directed by multiple supervisors.
- Proven ability to take initiative and, as needed, direct projects autonomously.
- Excellent organizational skills – must be able to manage multiple projects while maintaining high quality and excellent client service.
- Interested candidates must submit a cover letter explaining their interest in the position along with their resume.
- Firm offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits program. EOE.
Salary: $70,000.00-$100,000.00, dependent on experience and location
Date Active: 6.14.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt