New York, NY
Top, boutique, litigation, law firm is currently accepting applications for a Recruiting and Professional Development Coordinator / Specialist to provide support for the day‐to‐day execution of recruiting and professional development functions at the Firm. The successful candidate will contribute to a diverse range of internal‐ and external‐facing functions, with significant room to take initiative and play an impactful role in continuing to build our successful and growing firm.
Firm brings together a high‐stakes, cutting‐edge litigation practice and a pioneering public interest practice in one modern and progressive law firm. Firm’s highly experienced lawyers serve clients across a wide range of matters, including commercial litigation, white‐collar criminal defense, and complex regulatory and securities cases. The Firm balances its commercial practice with a groundbreaking commitment to the public interest. From suing the white supremacists who organized the violence in Charlottesville, to co‐founding the Time’s Up Legal Defense Fund to connect those who have experienced workplace sexual misconduct with legal and public relations support, Firm has placed public service at the center of its practice with notable results. They have experienced tremendous success and growth since our founding in 2017, and now seek smart, driven, and talented applicants to join their growing team.
- Support the professional‐development function at the Firm by gathering, organizing, and disseminating information related to the Firm’s performance‐evaluation, on‐boarding / integration, and training initiatives; synthesize data in response to external surveys and other requests; assist with viEval implementation and administration.
- Assist with coordinating in‐house Continuing Legal Education (CLE) programs, tracking lawyers’ CLE‐compliance and admissions status, maintaining CLE‐related records and the Firm’s forthcoming accredited‐provider status, viLMS‐CLE administration, and various other administrative duties.
- Support recruiting processes, including candidate correspondence and scheduling, applicant tracking, and new hire onboarding; support Firm’s summer program; assist with viRecruit implementation and administration; and assist with external communications.
- Coordinate and support the activities of the Firm’s Equity & Inclusion Committee, and create, maintain, and distribute related internal resources.
- Help to manage internal effectiveness efforts at the Firm, including through internal communications, programming, and events.
The successful candidate will have a combination of employment, educational, and life experience that demonstrates the qualities and skills below:
- Experience: You have at least 2 years of relevant experience, e.g., in a recruiting or professional development role in a law firm.
- Clear Communication and Attention to Detail: You express yourself clearly and concisely, always highlighting the most important information. You proactively communicate the status of your work and share updates with colleagues when necessary. You ensure that your work is mistake‐free.
- Ownership, Initiative, and Teamwork: You take ownership of your projects and follow through on their completion. You proactively anticipate, communicate, and work to independently resolve obstacles you encounter in your work. You possess a strong customer‐service orientation and ability to work well within a team.
- Organization and Project Management: You are comfortable balancing tasks of varying levels of urgency and complexity. You work well under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Flexibility: You are flexible to be available after hours to assist with recruiting and professional development projects as assigned. You are comfortable in an environment where your responsibilities may vary from day to day. You demonstrate a “no job too big, no job too small” attitude, and take a collaborative, team‐focused approach to rejuggling priorities and contributing to tasks across the Firm.
- Confidentiality: You must be able to adhere to firm policies regarding the protection of confidential data and demonstrate sensitivity to (and good judgment in connection with) confidential attorney, personnel, and Firm matters.
- Mission Orientation: You are enthusiastic and passionate about our commitment to civil rights and public interest law. You thrive when your work is connected to purpose.
In addition, the successful candidate will be:
- Tech‐savvy and a highly capable user of Microsoft Office software, with strong Microsoft Excel knowledge a must. Knowledge of applicant‐tracking software, attorney‐evaluation software, and/or website management a plus.
- Based in the New York area or willing to relocate.
- A people person!
Salary: Highly competitive merit based compensation
Date Active: 6.24.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt