New York, NY
Premier, forward thinking, boutique, litigation law firm is currently accepting applications for a Recruiting and Diversity Coordinator to provide support for the day-to-day execution of recruiting and diversity functions at the Firm alongside our Recruiting and DE&I Manager. The successful candidate will contribute to a diverse range of internal- and external-facing functions, with significant room to take initiative and play an impactful role in continuing to build our successful and growing firm.
- Assists with planning and coordinating the Firm’s diversity, equity and inclusion programming, including support for the Firm’s Equity & Inclusion Committee, and create, maintain, and distribute related internal resources.
- Help to manage internal effectiveness efforts at the Firm, including through internal communications, programming, and events.
- Work with Recruiting and DE&I Manager to complete D&I surveys, award submissions, reports and other statistical information for firmwide communications, meetings, and other requests.
- Monitors industry D&I data and assists with efforts for analyzing and reporting internal D&I metrics for measuring progress and effectiveness of the firm’s D&I strategy and initiatives.
- Aids in the effective engagement and ongoing relationship building with law schools and law student groups throughout the calendar year (e.g. panel presentations for 1Ls, events and sponsorship opportunities, communications, etc.)
- Assists with effectively and efficiently coordinating the law school recruitment process including supporting efforts for the firm’s branding initiatives and targeted law school communications.
- Assists with scheduling of student and attorney interviewers for OCI and corresponding with students re the same.
- Gather and organize interview feedback and updating applicant tracking system as needed.
- Support Firm’s summer program and assist with external communications to students.
The successful candidate will have a combination of employment, educational, and life experience that demonstrates the qualities and skills below:
Experience: You have at least 2-3 years of relevant experience, e.g., in a recruiting or diversity role in a law firm.
Clear Communication and Attention to Detail: You express yourself clearly and concisely, always highlighting the most important information. You proactively communicate the status of your work and share updates with colleagues when necessary. You ensure that your work is mistake-free.
Ownership, Initiative, and Teamwork: You take ownership of your projects and follow through on their completion. You proactively anticipate, communicate, and work to independently resolve obstacles you encounter in your work. You possess a strong customer-service orientation and ability to work well within a team.
Organization and Project Management: You are comfortable balancing tasks of varying levels of urgency and complexity. You work well under pressure with tight deadlines.
Flexibility: You are flexible to be available after hours to assist with recruiting and professional development projects as assigned. You are comfortable in an environment where your responsibilities may vary from day to day. You demonstrate a “no job too big, no job too small” attitude, and take a collaborative, team-focused approach to rejuggling priorities and contributing to tasks across the Firm.
Confidentiality: You must be able to adhere to firm policies regarding the protection of confidential data and demonstrate sensitivity to (and good judgment in connection with) confidential attorney, personnel, and Firm matters.
Mission Orientation: You are enthusiastic and passionate about our commitment to civil rights and public interest law. You thrive when your work is connected to purpose.
In addition, the successful candidate will be:
- Tech-savvy and a highly capable user of Microsoft Office software, with strong Microsoft Excel knowledge a must. Knowledge of viGlobal applicant-tracking software, attorney-evaluation software, and/or website management a plus.
- Based in the New York area or willing to relocate.
- A people person!
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 12.23.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt