New York, NY
The Recruiting and Diversity Coordinator provides administrative support for the department and assists with all processes associated with legal recruiting and diversity initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Use recruiting database, ViRecruit, to track candidates, schedule interviews, gather interview feedback from attorneys and generate feedback reports.
- Represent firm by staffing hospitality suites at selected law schools.
- Support and attend recruiting, summer associate and Firm functions as requested and be a visible part of Firm culture;
- Serve as point of contact and coordinate with search firms for lateral hiring, as necessary.
Summer Associate Program
- Documenting attorney big sibs and dinner partners;
- Gathering summer associate feedback for assignments from attorneys;
- Coordinating end of rotation and end of summer reviews for summer associates;
- Coordinating Partner Dinners; and
- Coordinating affinity group events.
- Draft Firm diversity and recruiting statistics.
- Draft responses to client and media diversity and recruiting surveys.
- Draft regular diversity and recruiting reports.
- Attend and represent the firm at diversity and recruiting receptions and conferences as necessary.
- Create and maintain calendar of all firm sponsored school programming, both affinity group and school initiated.
- Support on-campus diversity and recruiting activities and liaise with student organizations.
- Maintain diversity and recruiting web presences internally and externally
- Maintain files of diversity survey responses for clients and publications.
- Maintain membership with the local city group New York City Recruitment Association (NYCRA), the National Association for Law Placement (NALP) and the Association of Law Firm Diversity Professionals (ALFDP).
- Serve as a resource to associates to discuss matters on an ad hoc basis.
- Ad hoc projects as requested.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Knowledge of current recruiting and diversity best practices.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all levels of personnel. Professional and gracious demeanor and service attitude at all times.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently under pressure.
- Ability to provide support for detailed and complex projects.
- Flexibility in the midst of multiple and/or changing priorities and deadlines.
- Professional grace and demeanor and service attitude at all times.
- Integrity – strong professional and ethical standards; must observe confidentiality of personnel and Firm matters.
- Proficiency in Outlook, MS Office Suite and familiarity with ATS such as Vi or similar databases.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two or more years’ experience in professional services, diversity and/or recruiting.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature, etc.
- This position is full-time and requires flexibility to maintain confidentiality, work extended hours and/or travel, as necessary.
- Full C-19 Vaccination and Booster are required unless otherwise permitted by law.
*The above is intended to describe the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
Salary: $70,000.00-$85,000.00, dependent on experience
Date Active: 5.13.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt