New York, NY
The Recruiting and Associate Development Manager (RADM) is charged with advising and supporting the work of the Associate Development, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, and Recruiting Committees in creating and implementing programs and policies to improve the long-term professional development and satisfaction of the Firm’s associates. The RADM will implement training programs and development initiatives to help attorneys grow into effective lawyers, to open avenues of communication between The Firm and its attorneys, and to encourage the existence of a strong Firm community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Manage all level of attorney development including, but not limited to hiring of attorneys, attorney orientation and integration, training, evaluation, mentoring, and departure and alumni relations. Work with all Firm talent committees and task forces as they relate to retention, training, mentoring and diversity. Provide thought leadership about improving existing programs and act as a project manager for all training and development-related initiatives. Participate in Recruiting, Summer Associate Program and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Initiatives.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Being the primary point of contact for new attorneys from the point of acceptance.
- Oversee the planning of orientation and drive integration efforts.
- Manage the Firm’s mentoring and class dean programs.
- Plan associate meetings and social events.
- Work with the Associate Development Committee in creating a comprehensive strategic direction for education and development consistent with the Firm’s objectives. Coordinate in-house attorney training programs including surveying attorneys to determine areas of interest.
- Monitor compliance with CLE requirements and ensure all attorneys are in good-standing. Coordinate attorney departures including maintaining attorney attrition-related statistical reports, conducting exit interviews and coordinating with appropriate Firm committees and personnel with respect to strategic out-placement.
- Develop a follow-up system with identified departed attorneys to strengthen alumni/client relations and maintain an alumni directory through the firm’s electronic resources and in published material.
- Maintain current Lawyer Policy and Procedure Manual and intranet page for attorney development.
- Act as liaison between firm administrators and the attorneys.
- Remain current on market trends in associate development and training, attorney benefits, wellness and more.
- Regularly attend events and be a visible part of the Firm culture.
- Coordinate Visiting Attorney Program by facilitating visa application, relocation, orientation, departure, etc.; Organizing Visiting Attorney CLE presentations; and communicating and meeting with Visiting Attorney Committee as needed.
- Participate in on-campus recruitment at top law schools and facilitate interview process.
- Work with search firms to conduct lateral associate searches.
- Support the summer associate program including planning and attending training and events and coordinating evaluations.
- Coordinate and consult on summer associate training programs, summer associate rotation program, and evaluation process.
- Supervise other staff members.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Proficiency in Outlook; MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with vi Global Suite a plus.
- Integrity – Strong professional and ethical standards; Must observe confidentiality of personnel and firm matters.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – Professional demeanor, gracious attitude and service-orientation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organization/prioritization skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Flexibility in the midst of multiple and/or changing priorities and deadlines.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree; JD or relevant Master’s degree a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of legal recruiting/legal personnel/professional development experience required, human resources background a plus.
Salary: Highly competitive merit based compensation
Date Active: 6.11.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt