Manchester, NH or Woburn, MA
About the Firm
Our client has over 100 lawyers located in five offices, three in New Hampshire (Manchester, Concord and Portsmouth) and two in Massachusetts (Woburn and Boston). They are regularly listed as one of America’s leading law firms in Chambers USA, and 57 of its attorneys are listed in The Best Lawyers in America across a broad array of practice areas. The firm has a strong tradition over its 103 year history of deep involvement in the communities where its employees work and live, and of active participation in the bar and numerous charitable and professional associations.
The Real Estate Paralegal will be responsible for preparing Real Estate related documents and transactions. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assessing and preparing contracts, lease agreements, and closing documents.
- Reviewing financing options, lending requirements, title affidavits, and bankruptcy claims.
- Facilitating communication between clients and lawyers.
- Conducting research and distributing real estate documents.
- Analyzing title documents and legal descriptions of property.
- Documenting processes, as well as maintaining hard copy files and electronic records.
- Answering client questions and escalating serious concerns.
- Keeping clients informed of progress made with real estate applications.
- Submitting accurate legal documents in a timely manner.
- Minimum of Associate’s degree in paralegal studies, or similar.
- Paralegal certification (NALA or NFPA) with a real estate focus preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a real estate paralegal.
- Extensive knowledge of real estate documents, contracts, applications, and submissions.
- Superb organizational, time management, and multitasking skills, with strong attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction/supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills a must.
- Ability to handle confidential client information in a professional and trustworthy manner.
- Must be energetic, willing to work hard and a self-started and possess a team player mentality.
- Demonstrates professionalism, good judgment and the ability to manage in high pressure situations.
- Must have strong computer skills (MS Office, Outlook) as well as experience with electronic file management software.
The estimated salary range for this role is $80,000 – $105,000.
Salary: estimated $80,000 – $105,000
Date Active: 9.25.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt