New York, NY
New York City law firm, whose practice includes all aspects of commercial and residential real estate law, including development, condominium offerings, joint ventures, commercial, leasing, litigation and a wide variety of related matters, is seeking a highly qualified paralegal to join their team.
- Handle all duties related to closing of real estate transactions and documentation including: deeds, memoranda of leases, lease amendments, promissory notes, allonges, deeds of trust, security agreements, UCC financing statements, assignments, guaranties, escrow agreements, loan agreements, estoppel certificates, resolutions and prepare closing binders.
- Review and comment on title insurance commitments, title policies, title endorsements and surveys.
- Draft closing instruction letters and coordinate closings of real estate purchases and/or sale as well as loans secured by real estate.
- Prepare and review Resolutions; Organizational Documents for LLC’s; Settlement Statements.
- Order and review due diligence documents and entity formation and registration documentation.
- Review and analyze leases and prepare lease summaries and abstracts.
- Review purchase and sale contracts, ground leases, retail leases, office leases and amendments.
- Prepare critical date lists and memos and manage transaction calendars.
- Assist in preparation and filing of condominium or cooperative offering plans, including budgets, schedules and certifications and amendments to plans.
- Assist with litigation matters including e-filing and preparation of discovery demands and responses.
- Bachelor’s Degree. Paralegal certificate preferred but not required.
- At least 2 years of recent experience supporting attorneys whose practice focuses on real estate transactional and real estate litigation matters.
- Strong analytical, organizational and data management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with attorneys, staff and team members regarding commitments, deadlines, challenges, requests, etc.
- Possess a “can do” attitude and maintain a positive team player mentality.
- Ability to deliver a high standard of client service in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 2.24.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt