New York, NY, Boston, MA or Los Angeles, CA
The Real Estate Paralegal will be responsible for providing support to the attorneys in the Real Estate Section. The position will report to a designated member in charge of real estate paralegals and the section manager.
- Coordination of purchase and sale transactions (commercial, office, retail, and high net worth residential), loan transactions, joint ventures, and development transactions.
- Assist with the purchase, sale, sale/leaseback, and ground lease transactions for multi-state assets.
- Work with title companies and surveyors to review title insurance commitments and surveys, prepare title objection letters, negotiate title insurance coverage and survey certifications, and clear title exceptions.
- Prepare and review drafts of leases and amendments.
- Review and comment on title and survey work.
- Coordinate execution and recording of documents in connection with closings.
- Draft and solicit tenant estoppel certificates and subordination agreements.
- Draft conveyance and other closing documents.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years of transactional experience, preferably in a comparable mid-sized to large commercial real estate practice in a law firm.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to execute through to completion.
- Creative problem solving skills, reasoning ability, and logical thought process.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize competing demands, and meet various deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally interact and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Outstanding sense of customer service.
- Enthusiastic, proactive, and positive attitude.
- Ability to handle confidential matters with discretion.
- Must be self-motivated to produce quality work.
- High level of integrity and honesty.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to quickly get up to speed and master new applications and software is critical.
- Flexibility to work overtime when necessary.
*This job description is a general description of the types of responsibilities that are required of an individual in this job. It is not intended to be a complete list of the responsibilities, duties and skills that may be required for this position.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 11.1.2019
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt