Boston, MA or Los Angeles, CA
The Real Estate Paralegal will be responsible for providing support to the attorneys in the Real Estate Section. The position will report to a designated member in charge of real estate paralegals and the section manager.
- Coordination of purchase and sale transactions (commercial, office, retail, and high net worth residential), loan transactions, joint ventures, and development transactions.
- Assist with the purchase, sale, sale/leaseback, and ground lease transactions for multi-state assets.
- Work with title companies and surveyors to review title insurance commitments and surveys, prepare title objection letters, negotiate title insurance coverage and survey certifications, and clear title exceptions.
- Prepare and review drafts of leases and amendments.
- Review and comment on title and survey work.
- Coordinate execution and recording of documents in connection with closings.
- Draft and solicit tenant estoppel certificates and subordination agreements.
- Draft conveyance and other closing documents.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years of transactional experience, preferably in a comparable mid-sized to large commercial real estate practice in a law firm.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to execute through to completion.
- Creative problem solving skills, reasoning ability, and logical thought process.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize competing demands, and meet various deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally interact and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Outstanding sense of customer service.
- Enthusiastic, proactive, and positive attitude.
- Ability to handle confidential matters with discretion.
- Must be self-motivated to produce quality work.
- High level of integrity and honesty.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to quickly get up to speed and master new applications and software is critical.
- Flexibility to work overtime when necessary.
*This job description is a general description of the types of responsibilities that are required of an individual in this job. It is not intended to be a complete list of the responsibilities, duties and skills that may be required for this position.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 11.1.2019
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt