Real Estate Legal Assistant
New York, NY
Provides support to real estate attorneys in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions.
- Reviews title and survey materials.
- Reviews commercial leases, including preparation of lease abstracts.
- Drafts organizational documents.
- Prepares documents of assignment, satisfaction and partial releases.
- Prepares pre-closing, closing and post-closing transaction documents.
- Prepares 1099S filings.
- Prepares and files NYS/NYC transfer tax forms.
- Prepares closing binders.
- Utilizes tools, technologies and information sources to conduct research, collect and analyze data/information, prepare initial drafts of basic correspondence/documents.
- Assists with client inquires.
- Proofreads documents for errors in typing, spelling and syntax to ensure proper placement of inserts, edits, tables and other documentation.
- Audits documentation for proper format, text accuracy and statistical data.
- BA Degree
- 15+ years of related experience
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Notary Public preferred.
- Ability to work with all levels of legal staff.
- Strong organizational skills with a keen ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Experience in handling sensitive, confidential information.
- Excellent communicator (oral and written).
- Strong administrative and typing skills.
- The duties of the position may require extended and irregular hours.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Date Active: 1.6.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt