New York, NY
Under the supervision of the Head of Public Relations, manage external media on behalf of the firm. Coordinate with partners and business development team with outreach to press regarding deals and cases with a view towards promoting and enhancing the firm’s visibility in local, national, business and trade press outlets.
- Support and implement Firm’s Public Relations plans and initiatives.
- Coordinate with Head of Public Relations on firm-wide communications strategies to elevate and monitor the Firm’s profile.
- Assume a leading role in identifying opportunities and securing placements to generate visibility for the firm and its lawyers across targeted earned media channels.
- Liaise with the firm’s external PR agencies and members of the business development team and other business services teams to identify client successes, trends, issues and feature stories for partner commentary, with an eye towards ensuring maximum exposure before targeted audiences.
- Develop and maintain press lists and issue press releases.
- Develop and manage media preparation and training as needed.
- Support with drafting award nominations.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with reporters and editors at key legal, business and trade publications, particularly those in the legal industry as well as the corporate/M&A, white collar litigation, restructuring, investment funds and IP sectors, among others.
- Place bylined articles in legal and trade publications, including via the re-publication of existing thought leadership content.
- Provide editorial guidance as necessary.
- Lead efforts on the communications team to ensure timely collection, drafting and posting of news items regarding attorney speaking engagements, media appearances and articles to the internal firm portal and/or website.
- Support on as needed basis on drafting and posting news items on social media channels.
- Other responsibilities/duties as they may be assigned from time to time.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; preferably in Communications or PR.
- A minimum of 8 years of corporate communications/PR experience required.
- Must be proactive and take initiative.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Adept at writing, editing and verbal communications skills.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with online and electronic newswire services, media tracking and Internet research resources.
- Exhibit poise, tact and professionalism when interacting with internal and external contacts.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, demonstrated ability to prioritize and balance competing demands and manage multiple projects concurrently, meeting deadlines in a fast-paced professional environment.
- Excellent research and analytical abilities.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills to make sound decisions, escalating as appropriate.
Date Active: 8.9.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt