Menlo Park, CA
A leading global law firm is currently seeking a Public Relations Manager to join our winning team, located in the Bay Area. The Public Relations Manager is responsible for developing and implementing high impact, creative public relations and marcomms programs to build the firm’s brand in the Tech and Life Sciences sectors and to raise the profile of the firm’s market-leading Emerging Companies Practice. The position spans a range of activities across earned, paid, and social media as well as leveraging the firm’s proprietary channels to build the firm’s brand.
A key member of the firm’s Brand & Communications Group, the Public Relations Manager uses his/her experience and understanding of the Bay Area and Tech ecosystem, media landscape and digital environment to lead strategic external and internal communications initiatives to build the firm’s brand, working closely with colleagues in Southern California, across the US and globally.
- The Public Relations Manager position covers several key areas of focus including:
- Playing a lead role designing and implementing PR and marcomms campaigns, with a specific focus on the Tech sector, Emerging Companies Practice, and the Bay Area / California market
- Coordinating and working closely with office and practice leadership as well as business development colleagues to identify and develop strategic, creative public relations activities and marketing communications programs to elevate the firm’s brand.
- Building relationships with key media, and connecting those reporters to partners of the firm who serve as media sources.
- Playing an integral role in helping develop content for the firm’s digital program, including the firm’s website, relevant microsites, apps, and social media platforms.
- Collaborating with colleagues to support the firm’s sponsorship and partnership marketing initiatives, including developing and implementing public relations and marcomms initiatives to leverage content-marketing partnerships and other sponsorships.
- Contributing to the development of the social media program, with a specific focus on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook among other social media channels
- Writing, editing, and coordinating a wide range of copy and serving as a central resource to develop messaging, draft press releases, prepare deal and case advisories, develop award entries, and coordinate survey submissions, among other strategic writing projects.
- Helping manage the firm’s relationship with brand, advertising and PR agencies on strategic projects.
As a Public Relations Manager, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. The successful Public Relations Manager must have knowledge of core public relations principals including internal/external communications, executive profiling, thought leadership-based marketing, media relations, partnership marketing, and digital communications as well as excellent leadership skills (i.e., organizing, planning, problem-solving and decision-making) necessary for effective management. An ideal candidate must display the ability to perceive and analyze problems and demonstrate the capacity to make or recommend sound decisions as well as have the ability to undertake and project manage large, long-term projects, develop alternative methods to complete them, and implement solutions.
A Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing/Communications, Business Administration, or a related field is required. A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience in PR, with some marketing communications, is also required. A strong background in the Tech sector is preferred.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Date Active: 2.9.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt