Mountain View, New York, Foster City, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Santa Monica
A Global Law Firm is seeking an experienced communications professional to manage, support and execute numerous strategic projects and initiatives furthering our external and internal communications goals. This position is responsible for helping manage and contributing to the firm’s public relations efforts, online marketing (social media, the firm’s website and blogs), internal communications, awards and directory submissions and content marketing.
The candidate will have strong writing, project management and leadership skills and be comfortable working with all levels of the organization. This position can be based in any of our offices.
- Develop proactive media relations strategies and implement the firm’s media relations program with legal, business and technology media outlets.
- Manage and draft external and internal news announcements and media pitches that increase mindshare and visibility for key practice areas, industries, legal themes, issues and solutions.
- Lead, supervise and contribute to the firm’s social media efforts, including creating and drafting original written and visual content and developing and managing social media advertising campaigns to extend the reach of our content.
- Oversee, manage and administer the firm’s awards and honors and survey submission program, including identifying and tracking submissions opportunities; responding to diversity and inclusion surveys, as well as corporate social responsibility, pro bono and other strategic investment areas; creating, drafting, organizing and facilitating nominations, submissions and references.
- Research, write, edit and project manage the creation and distribution of a variety of marketing-related materials and content for the website and intranet.
- Track, measure and report performance of communications and social media campaigns, as well as compile and maintain summary of honors and recognitions.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Ability to lead and take ownership of projects, manage them effectively and handle multiple complex projects and competing initiatives simultaneously.
- Excellent sense of team and willingness to pitch in and help others; ability to lead effectively in a team-oriented service environment.
- Exemplary communication skills, both verbal and written, with a keen ability to capture, distill and accurately describe legal services.
- Excellent proofreading skills and ability to pay close attention to detail and accuracy are required.
- Self-motivated and able to take initiative and work independently; leads and sets an example and has good judgment.
- A strong client service ethic and the ability to react quickly and respond to shifting priorities and requests from lawyers and leadership at all levels required.
- Capable of staying productive and accurate under pressure with tight deadlines (a sense of humor helps, too).
- Proven track record of working directly with senior partners and attorneys on communications campaigns, awards planning, tracking and execution.
Reporting to the Senior Public Relations Manager, the qualified candidate will have 6-8 years of communications, marketing experience or business development in a professional services environment. Preferred experience producing submissions for Chambers, Legal 500 and other lists and awards. Bachelor’s degree required.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Date Active: 2.2.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt