Washington, DC; New York, NY; Century City, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Orange County, CA; San Francisco, CA: Silicon Valley, CA; San Diego, CA
The Public Relations Manager is responsible for helping increase the Firm’s visibility across our offices and practices globally. This position reports to one of the Senior Public Relations Managers and plays an integral role on the Firm’s Communications team, including developing successful media campaigns, securing strategic media coverage, and drafting award submissions and press releases. Ideal candidates must have the ability to communicate persuasively and concisely. Candidates must be able to work both independently and as part of a highly collaborative global team.
- Develop and implement communications plans for key practice and industry groups across the Firm.
- Develop and maintain close relationships with legal trade, financial, and mainstream media to increase the profile of the Firm, practice groups, and partners in key practice areas.
- Collaborate closely with senior lawyers to understand market challenges, business opportunities, and competitive elements and align our public relations strategy to address them.
- Create and implement effective PR campaigns for individual lawyers and practice and industry groups that support client development goals.
- Identify appropriate third-party commentary topics and industry trends and proactively reach out to reporters to secure interview opportunities and media coverage.
- Place lawyer-written articles at legal, business, and industry publications.
- Draft various editorial-based award submissions for media outlets such as Law360 and American Lawyer.
- Drive and support other priority initiatives as required by business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field.
- Minimum of four years of PR experience, preferably in a law firm.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Detail-oriented in all tasks, including excellent proof-reading and research skills.
- Strong time-management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and with a highly collaborative team.
- Strong client service ethic.
- Well-developed and professional interpersonal skills, including ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the Firm.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills.
- You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by your hire date to be eligible for starting in the role. Proof of vaccination will be required. The Firm will provide reasonable accommodation(s) based on medical or religious grounds for qualified candidates.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range is $108,000 – $153,000, depending on location, experience, and qualifications.
Salary: $108,000 – $153,000, depending on location, experience, and qualifications
Date Active: 2.28.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt