The Marketing Department of a premier, global, law firm has an opening for a Proposal Content Writer in the Washington, DC office. The Proposal Content Writer, working with our Business Development and Editorial teams, will play an important role in advocating the Firm’s value proposition and ensuring that content high-impact, client-centric and consistent. With a deep understanding of the firm’s litigation, transactional and regulatory capabilities and the evolving legal needs of the world’s top companies, the Proposal Content Writer will employ effective writing and editing skills to develop compelling pitch materials and proposals. This role is dedicated to continuous improvement in communicating the firm’s strengths, value and expertise in practice, industry or general service capabilities. Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and a writing sample for consideration.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Acting as a key member of the proposal team, working with the technical specialists and business development managers to develop written pitches and proposals that are responsive to client requests and highlight the firm’s value proposition and ability to address client needs. The process will include writing content tailored to the client, customizing pre-existing content to answer questions in a responsive manner, and harmonizing content across practices including voice, style and messaging.
- Crafting and editing compelling content showcasing practice and industry group value proposition and demonstrated client benefit.
- Collaborating with practice area attorneys and business development managers to develop or strengthen credential statements and value-driven practice content.
- Bachelor’s degree; JD strongly preferred.
- Journalism experience a plus.
- Minimum of eight years of related writing experience in a professional services environment.
- Legal services experience required.
- Exceptional writing capabilities, including advanced grammar and proofreading skills.
- Ability to create concise persuasive narrative copy from a bulleted list or abstract ideas.
- Stellar editorial and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint style.
- Previous usage of content library databases a plus.
- Ability to prioritize workload, handle several projects at once, work independently, and complete tasks under time pressure, as necessary.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 3.15.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt