New York, NY or Roseland, NJ
This position will sit in our New York, NY or Roseland, NJ offices and currently offers a hybrid remote work opportunity.
The Project Management & Delivery Specialist (the “Specialist”) will drive strategy on the development and implementation of Investment Management (IM) project management and process improvement. In collaboration with attorneys, practice administrators, and firm business services groups, the Specialist will develop and implement firm and practice-specific matter management tools, techniques, and technology that increase client value, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and profitability—while positioning our attorneys to focus on expanding their practices and providing a higher level of client service.
Essential Job Requirements
- Introduce and promote techniques and tools to facilitate the efficient and innovative delivery of legal services;
- In collaboration with firm and practice group leadership, develop legal project management (LPM) processes and support attorney training on the same;
- Assess and identify customized attorney support based on specific individual needs and implement best practices;
- Working alongside practice attorneys, provide direct LPM support, including matter scoping, deadline tracking, and team communication;
- Facilitate and drive adoption of efficient practices and alternative solutions, such as machine learning software, transaction management platforms, and document automation;
- Remain current with knowledge trends, legal technology trends, law firm business trends, and legal developments;
- Along with firm knowledge management (KM) professionals, collect matter-level attributes and performance data and generally facilitate KM;
- Assist in assessing new legal technology;
- In collaboration with business development and marketing groups, assist in providing information on the firm’s LPM and innovation capabilities to current and potential clients; and
- Incorporate additional projects as directed by IM Practice Group Leaders and Administrative Director.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Five (5) years’ experience in legal support, preferably in transactional practices
- Strong understanding of the business of law
- PMP certification or legal project management experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of standard PC applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and document management system software
- Familiarity with relevant legal technologies, including Kira, Litera Transact, HighQ, and Contract Express is desirable
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Consistent accuracy and meticulous attention to detail while maintaining a very high level of productivity
- Strong service orientation with commitment to exceptional client service
- Solid interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility and willingness to accommodate changing priorities
- Ability to work independently
Schedule: Full-time, Monday through Friday; 9:00 am – 5:00 pm or 10:00 am – 6:00 pm with understanding for flexibility based on attorney/departmental needs
Amount of Travel Required: Occasional travel between NY and NJ offices as needed
Firm is requiring that all prospective employees present proof that they are fully-vaccinated against COVID-19, or seek a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons, prior to their first day of employment.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required by employee.
Salary: Highly competitive market based compensation, will disclose upon outreach
Date Active: 7.6.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt