Professional Responsibility Attorney (Conflicts/New Business)
San Francisco, CA
Wednesday – Sunday, 11:30 AM – 7:30 PM Pacific Time
The Professional Responsibility Attorney (Conflicts/New Business) will support the Professional Responsibility and Conflict Departments’ day-to-day tasks related to conflicts searching and clearance and new business intake issues. The Professional Responsibility Attorney (Conflicts/New Business) will interact directly with lawyers at the firm to analyze and clear conflicts, open new business matters, and prepare related documentation (including conflicts waivers and engagement letters), and assist with projects related to the firm’s Risk Management and Professional Responsibility function.
- Conducting research as necessary on new clients and involved parties.
- Utilizing corporate databases to determine shareholders and substantial owners.
- Performing conflicts searches and processes requests within LegalKey and the New Business Intake system.
- Coordinating & corresponding with the attorneys across the firm regarding search requests
- Assisting with report generation, and all other administrative functions in the department as necessary.
- Assisting lawyers with New Business documentation, including New Business Memos, engagement letters, and conflicts waivers.
- JD required.
- 3-5 years of experience as a practicing attorney with experience related to conflicts of interest searching/clearance and related matters required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Conflicts of interest analysis experience and/or knowledge of the law of conflicts of interest a plus.
- Aptitude for learning new systems.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Date Active: 2.22.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt