New York, NY
The Professional Responsibility Attorney will support the Professional Responsibility Department’s day-to-day risk management and professional responsibility function, with an emphasis on litigation matters. The Professional Responsibility Attorney will report to the firm’s Deputy General Counsel and, under her supervision, will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Coordinate discovery and other document requests, including drafting responses and objections and collecting, reviewing, and producing documents.
- Assist with the management of litigation and pre-litigation matters, including internal investigations and matters referred to outside counsel.
- Legal research and writing.
- Review firm publications for ethics and policy compliance.
- Respond to incoming requests for legal representation.
- Assist with monitoring and ensuring compliance with various firm policies.
- Assist with maintenance of professional liability insurance.
- Provide general support to the Professional Responsibility Department, as needed.
- JD required.
- 2-6 years of experience as a practicing attorney.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. (Writing sample required.)
- Excellent work ethic, organizational skills, attention to detail, and flexibility to manage a varied workload.
- Excellent character and personal integrity to work with the utmost professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality.
Salary: $190,000.00-$200,000.00, dependent on experience
Date Active: 3.9.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt