Boston, New York, or Washington, DC
The Professional Development Specialist/Coordinator is responsible for the administration of the attorney evaluation process, tracking of bar admissions and CLE requirements, and the implementation of the firm-wide training program. This position will work closely with the Associate Development and Training Managers and the Director of Professional Development.
- Collaborate with the Associate Development & Training Managers and Director of Professional Development to implement and administer the attorney evaluation processes including annual, mid-year, and trainee reviews, including administering each process in viEval.
- Administer and track attorney bar admission, bar license dues, and bar association memberships, including invoice processing and updating related firm rosters and HR database.
- Maintain New York and California CLE accreditation status and administer CLE credits, including form creation and circulation, tracking, and certification.
- Support attorney training programs, including calendar management, preparation of program materials, input and manage courses in CE Manager, room reservations, coordination for video-conference programs and catering.
- Support firm committees and initiatives, including diversity and inclusion.
- Collaborate with other administrative departments on PD programs and initiatives.
- Provide other administrative support to PD team as required.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-3 years of prior law firm or professional services experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to draw conclusions from data, assess implications and make recommendations.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Strong interpersonal skills, commitment to customer service, a positive attitude and an ability to work well with all levels of firm personnel.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain strict confidentiality of firm’s internal personnel affairs and information.
- Proactive and results-oriented with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, be flexible and work across and prioritize multiple assignments under tight deadlines.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft office applications.
- Comfort with learning new technology and working in databases.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 1.12.20222
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt