New York, NY or Melville, NY
Premier, global, law firm seeks a highly motivated individual with excellent attention to detail to be responsible for the administration of the firm’s MCLE tracking database and to coordinate CLE training programs and other professional development initiatives. The Professional Development Coordinator reports to the Senior Manager of Professional Development and can sit in either our New York City or Melville, NY offices.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Accredits NY, CA, and TX CLE courses and maintains course materials and attendance records as required by CLE rules.
- Updates and maintains the firm’s MCLE tracking database, CE Manager. Serves as expert in CE Manager database administration.
- Serves as an expert in NY, CA, and TX MCLE rules and regulations and remains current on regulation updates.
- Liaises with CLE contacts in practice groups and other offices; provides checklists for and assistance with programs and serves as a resource for CLE-related questions.
- Updates and maintains the firm’s online E-learning library.
- Assists with the tracking of the CLE compliance status of the firm’s lawyers, including communicating with lawyers regarding their CLE requiremeAnts and about upcoming programs that will help them satisfy their requirements.
- Audits firm lawyers’ CLE records for compliance and counsels lawyers regarding any deficiencies.
- Collaborates with members of the PD team to draft and submit all mandatory firm reports to relevant state CLE boards to maintain the firm’s status as an accredited provider.
- Coordinates training programs, conferences, and workshops, including: scheduling, drafting invitations and other communications, attendance tracking, preparing materials, coordinating with conference services, catering, technology, etc.
- Assist with the firm’s e-learning related initiatives such as HotShot Legal, PLI, Rosetta Stone foreign language learning program, and others.
- Maintains relationships with outside CLE vendors, coordinates webcasts and outside program enrollment, promotes programs, and tracks external program activity.
- Plans associate social events.
- Builds rapport with associates and Business Services personnel.
- Assumes other responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Micron CE Manager and the New York MCLE rules preferred.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Proactive, detail-oriented, and organized.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple assignments while working under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise a high standard of judgment and discretion.
- Client-service oriented with good interpersonal skills.
- 2+ years of professional development experience in a law firm required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Physical Activity/Other Miscellaneous
- Flexible to work outside regular business hours as needed.
- Able to lift and carry up to 15 lbs.
Salary: Competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 9.14.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt