New York, NY
The Professional Development Coordinator is a key member of the PD team. The position will support Firm’s market-leading associate development programs, including their diversity, equity and inclusion learning and mentoring programs, and other learning programs for lawyers and business services professionals.
Reporting to and working closely with the Manager of Professional Development, the PD Coordinator’s responsibilities will include:
- Providing logistical support for all aspects of the planning and execution of their diversity, equity and inclusion and (business services learning) and U.S. mentoring programs, including managing participant rosters, distributing program materials, and coordinating communications.
- Acting as a secondary point person in the planning and execution of related logistics for the firm’s diversity, equity and inclusion program. Attend the firm’s diversity, equity and inclusion programs and act as a program host alongside other team members.
- Under the supervision of PD Director and Manager, managing external vendor contracts and invoices.
- Organizing and attending internal associate focus groups, compiling and analyzing feedback, and recommending program updates.
- Scheduling and coordinating physical and CLE logistics for training programs (booking conference rooms, arranging technical needs and catering, ensuring attendance is tracked.
- Processing CLE credit for programs in our CLE tracking system and maintaining accuracy and organization of online program files.
- Managing learning subscriptions for e-learning platforms.
- Managing internal communications including the intranet site, update emails and internal calendars webpages.
- Assisting in the management of mentoring programs by conducting periodic check-in with mentees and managing regular communications such as monthly mentoring program updates.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong technology skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) Knowledge of viLMS a major plus
- Familiarity with the New York and California CLE rules a major plus.
- Strong presentation skills, relationship-building skills, and a high level of diplomacy.
- Availability to work overtime as needed and willingness to travel to Harvard University several times a year.
A successful candidate will be able to:
- Confidently interact with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Effectively prioritize to permit management of multiple simultaneous, complex projects.
- Have strong attention to detail and a client-service mindset.
Salary: Highly competitive above market merit based compensation
Date Active: 7.6.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt