The Professional Development (“PD”) Assistant will provide administrative support to the team for events and collect and organize and maintain career development information so the team can deploy initiatives in a timely and efficient manner and position those initiatives to deliver desired results. Hybrid role.
- Identify dates for various PD programs, meetings, and events.
- Reserve on-site and off-site venues for trainings and other PD organized events.
- Create meeting details for videoconference platforms (e.g.: Zoom) and add meeting joining details to our learning management systems.
- Circulate pre-event registration reports and post-event videoconference attendance reports to the PD Training Manager.
- Place catering orders for trainings and other firm events.
- Maintain data relating to attorney performance reviews and bar admission as well as mentorship, sponsorship, and other programs/initiatives.
- Keep track of attorney touchpoints with their external coaches.
- Provide administrative/clerical support to the PD Director.
- Organize information related to the Fall Associate Orientation Program.
- Prepare emails and documentation related to the departing attorney process.
- Process career development related expense reports.
- Update PD content on the Firm’s intranet.
- Prepare and keep track of salary advance documentation/information for incoming associates.
- Be familiar with and comply with firm policies and procedures.
- Seek timely solutions to work conflicts.
- Keep track of open items and initiate timely follow-up.
- Provide support with miscellaneous tasks (e.g.: research for the Firm newsletter).
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong attention to detail with solid client service skills.
- Ability to keep confidentiality in all HR matters.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- High proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.).
- High degree of familiarity with the functionality and features of videoconference platforms such as WebEx and Zoom (e.g.: recording, polling, chat).
- Prior experience with database entry is helpful.
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Uphold a professional demeanor at all times.
- Display an attitude of cooperation with legal staff, peers and administrators.
- Law firm or corporate experience preferred.
Date Active: 4.14.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt