New York, NY
Top international law firm is seeking a Pricing Analyst to join their New York team. The Pricing Analyst is responsible for providing analytical support to the team, including preparing budgets, maintaining the firm’s database of fee arrangements, and preparing reports for internal and external stakeholders. The Pricing Analyst’s responsibilities also include performing an initial review of clients’ Outside Counsel Guidelines for pricing-related provisions and contributing to Requests for Proposal (RFPs).
- Prepare budget estimates for legal work using existing templates and develop additional models for different types of matters, as needed.
- Design and implement models to project the financial impact of proposed client pricing arrangements and staffing models.
- Review and update the database of client fee arrangements and liaise with the Billing team to ensure that client and matter fee arrangements are accurately implemented.
- Summarize pricing-related provisions of Outside Counsel Guidelines for manager review.
- Develop and analyze client, matter and portfolio reporting; communicating trends, fees relative to budget, and realization implications to key stakeholders.
- Undertake extensive financial modeling, forecasting and analysis related to clients and matters; including data mining, cleansing and reconciliation.
- Support the Pricing team with various custom rate analyses needed for responses to RFPs.
- Assist with annual review of firm standard rates and other fee arrangements.
- Prepare regular reporting on progress of matter fees against budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3+ years of experience at a law firm or professional services organization.
- 2 years of experience in a role that included one or more of the responsibilities described above.
- Demonstrated facility with Microsoft Office suite, including experience creating Excel models. Exposure to SQL queries preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively present results.
- A track record that demonstrates a strong customer focus and responsiveness.
- Ability to manage multiple requests and projects without sacrificing detail-oriented quality measures, including meeting new and existing deadlines.
- Experience with law firm accounting systems a plus.
Salary: $100,000 dependent upon experience
Date Active: 6.16.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt