New York, NY
The Practice Management Coordinator will support the firm’s Disputes unit with day-to-day practice group operations and strategic initiatives. Areas of focus include data management, analysis and reporting related to key performance metrics; supporting billing and collection processes; team meeting and training program coordination; preparing meeting presentations and briefing materials; assisting with strategic growth and talent development initiatives; enhancing business process efficiency; coordinating recreational activities; and executing special projects.
The Practice Management Coordinator will liaise with partners, other lawyers and business services departments across the firm, including Business Development & Marketing, Financial Services, Global Technology Solutions, Human Resources, Knowledge & Client Value, Legal Recruiting and Professional Development, among others.
- Collect and manage data and information, conduct research and analysis, and prepare customized reports and presentations associated with key business performance metrics.
- Support the business unit’s inventory management processes, including compliance with diary protocols, inventory report generation, organizing billing and collections outreach, maintaining inventory status in tracking database, and assisting in the resolution of open issues.
- Support the business unit in successfully meeting deliverables associated with annual firm processes, including budgeting; business planning; lawyer performance, development and compensation; and internal promotions.
- Plan and coordinate team meetings, training programs and other ad hoc meetings for practice groups in the business unit.
- Support the successful onboarding and integration of new team members.
- Identify opportunities and solutions to enhance automation and efficiency of business processes and practice management across the business unit.
- Participate in planning of events to foster team morale.
- Assist with business unit and firm-sponsored special projects.
- Lead and engage in other high-value initiatives to support the cohesion, success and profitability of the business unit and firm.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Demonstrates ability to research, analyze, report and present on diverse types of data and information.
- Delivers high-quality work product, with an emphasis on strong organization, analysis, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Works well independently, takes ownership of responsibilities and manages time efficiently.
- Possesses strong project management skills.
- Demonstrates ability to execute and prioritize multiple assignments and responsibilities concurrently, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Communicates professionally and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Exercises sound judgment and handles sensitive information with discretion.
- Demonstrates ability to provide sophisticated support and recommendations to business services colleagues and lawyers on complex projects.
- Exhibits high degree of professionalism and outstanding interpersonal skills, with the capacity to work effectively with colleagues at all levels and across departments.
- Thrives in a collaborative, dynamic and demanding environment.
- Understands and can learn business and legal concepts and terminology.
- Exceptional proficiency in MS Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-4 years of experience in a fast-paced law firm or corporate business environment preferred.
Physical Activity/Other Miscellaneous
- Must be able to work extended hours and communicate outside of standard business hours as needed.
Salary: $65,000.00-$75,000.00, dependent on experience
Date Active: 2.2.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt