This position will manage the administrative support of the Privacy and Cybersecurity Practice Area Team (PAT), allowing PAT leaders to focus on leading the practice team and on practicing law. The person in this position will add value to the team by taking ownership of the day to day running of the administrative matters, taking a proactive and flexible approach to ensure the smooth running of the practice.
Practice Area Team Support
- Build key relationships with the leaders, partners and associates in the PAT to become familiar with and pro-actively address their business needs.
- Schedule and prepare agenda for PAT meetings; advance preparation for all commitments and engagements, including comprehensive briefing materials and pre-reads, meeting agendas, presentations, itineraries etc.
- Function as a liaison for other administrative departments and existing resources, i.e. Learning & Development; Diversity, Equity & Inclusion; Knowledge Management; Marketing & Business Development; Accounting; Legal Recruiting; Conflicts, etc., by providing information, data, and key metrics that will assist in identifying and then guiding firm-wide and practice specific initiatives.
Attorney Administrative Support
- Handle and screen all incoming communications (phone, email, video conferences, etc.) and respond, file, and delegate appropriately.
- Provide complex and dynamic scheduling and calendar support for the assigned lawyers.
- Coordinate time entry and client bills, generate monthly internal utilization reports, provide monthly and/or quarterly estimate reporting data, analyze billing data, and respond to miscellaneous client inquiries/requests.
- Process new business forms, new client/matter reports, and conflicts of interest checks.
- Maintain roster of billing arrangements for key clients.
- Coordinate U.S. & Foreign complex travel arrangements by securing end to end arrangements, at times with very little notice, including flights, hotels, transfers, itineraries, and any necessary visa documentation.
- Manage expense reports in line with firm expense policies.
Client Relationship Management
- Communicate directly with, and build / maintain relationships with key high profile clients of the Privacy and Cybersecurity practice.
- Communicate and work with clients of the PAT, key stakeholder Legal Secretaries and other support staff teams for the provision and coordination of first class, proactive support to the partners.
- Attend client functions, as needed, which may require the flexibility to work outside of scheduled work hours.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 5+ years of related work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Possess superior organizational and time-management skills, including the ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines
- Global Law Firm or Capitol Hill Experience preferred
- Ability to type 50 WPM
- Confidential security clearance preferred
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Advanced levels of written and verbal skills.
- Superior problem-solving abilities.
- Experience dealing with confidential information and maintaining a high level of integrity at all times.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; the ability to establish and grow relationships.
- Manage special projects as assigned by the PAT leaders.
- Strong presence in the face of complexity and time-constrained challenges.
- Proven people management skills.
- A positive attitude with a common sense flexible, proactive, and resourceful approach.
- Resilient and motivated to go above the basic requirements to deliver high quality support.
- Perform other duties as assigned as part of business operations.
$105,000 – $137,000, depending on experience and qualifications; exempt.
Salary: $105,000 – $137,000
Date Active: 9.11.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt