The PMO Project Manager will plan, research, execute, monitor, report, control and finalize projects according to the firm’s PMO (Project Management Office) processes and procedures. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors to deliver projects according to plan, within timelines and budgets. The Project Manager will work with project sponsors to define project goals and objectives; conduct business analysis with a keen eye on enterprise resources; align business analysis and project goals to general business objectives and goals; develop and implement process-based service delivery mechanisms which align to project objectives and support the firm’s business requirements; oversee quality control throughout the project life.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate Project Management operations with key project personnel, project team members (internal and external) and the Director of PM
- Work with various technical and business disciplines to elicit, analyze, validate, specify, verify, document and manage the needs, use cases and requirements of the project stakeholders
- Lead project teams and work to define scope, goals and deliverables while proactively managing changes and objectives, identifying potential issues and devising contingency plans
- Create process models and opportunities to improve the efficiency and productivity of operations
- Schedule, coordinate, facilitate and provide structure to project meetings
- Prepare and maintain all project documentation and reports in accordance with the firm’s PMO processes and procedures
- Evaluate and communicate the impact of changes, issues, dependencies and risks
- Incorporate plan changes upon appropriate approval
- Communicate and resolve open requirement issues with the project team
- Manage project budgets
- Liaise between the technical, legal and business disciplines
- Ensure conformance to process and project methodology
- Define priorities of multiple projects by managing project tracking and reporting methods
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degreeExperience
- Minimum of five years’ experience in project management. Minimum of three years’ experience coordinating and/or supporting business processes.
- Knowledge of industry and professional best practices in project management and business analysis are required. Knowledge of technical and business operations, as well as general knowledge of legal industry and operations, is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office 365, MS Visio, and project management software is required. A general understanding of software and IT networking concepts is required.
- Must possess strong business acumen, with the ability to influence both project and business direction and strategy, and utilize project management and business analysis skills and techniques to coordinate the successful completion of projects. Strong negotiation skills are required. Especially important is the ability to assert non-authoritative leadership across a broad spectrum of firm personnel and project team members in a way that is effective, collegial and conducive to achieving results. Excellent verbal and written communication skills; superior problem solving and negotiation ability; ability to work independently and under pressure. Must be extremely well organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Firm will require COVID vaccination for all employees who will have any in-office presence with proof of vaccination being required. Individuals with medical or religious reasons for remaining unvaccinated may request an accommodation.
- Job may be performed remotely or in a typical office environment, but is subject to time pressures and constraints.
- Long hours are required periodically.
- Some travel may be required.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 9.1.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt