New York, NY
Under the direction of the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Tax Analyst’s primary responsibility is to assist the payroll team with the processing and completion of semi-monthly payroll utilizing the ADP Enterprise Payroll/HR system. The Payroll Analyst will also work to resolve employee issues relating to payroll and taxes. The position requires a solid working knowledge of payroll best practices and strong knowledge of federal and state regulations.
- Assist the Payroll team with the day-to-day payroll processing.
- Monitor the employees transferring from one company code to another to ensure the YTD tables are brought over; and make sure the employees do not go over the 401(k), Social Security tax limits set for the tax year.
- Monitor the employees transferring from one office location to another to ensure the correct State and Local jurisdictions are properly set up.
- Audit the ADP Self-Service transaction reports, i.e., payroll tax set ups, address and State and Local tax changes.
- Process necessary W-2 corrections and Prior Quarter Adjustments in accordance with the Federal/State and Local regulations.
- Assist the Payroll Supervisor with the registration of new State, Local and Unemployment withholding taxes with the appropriate agencies as necessary.
- Review periodic tax updates for relevance, accuracy and timeliness.
- Work with the team on NY State, Pension Plan and Workers’ Compensation audits by gathering all the requested information and corresponding with the auditors.
- Collaborate with the Accounting team in identifying and resolving journal entries reconciling items in the clearing account.
- Collaborate with the Tax team in providing timely responses to inquiries such as tax notices received from the IRS and other state jurisdictions.
- Build a good working relationship with the ADP Payroll and Tax Consultants and ensure that issues that issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Participate in testing of upgrades, process enhancements and third party vendor integrations.
- Provide payroll data and ad hoc reports for Finance, Legal Personnel, HR and Benefits.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- A minimum of five years of experience in payroll.
- High level of integrity and ability to maintain strict confidentiality of information handled.
- Excellent problem-solving skills which allow for a timely resolution to any employee concerns.
- Highly developed organizational skills.
- Able to work independently with high degree of accuracy, thoroughness, and professionalism.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact and work productively with lawyers and firm personnel.
- Excellent customer service, critical thinking, verbal and written skills.
- Flexibility to assume other job responsibilities within the department, as necessary.
- Thorough understanding of ADP Enterprise, high level of Excel proficiency.
- Knowledge of Wage & Hour regulations, calculation of gross-to-net pay.
- This is a hybrid role which requires in-office attendance in accordance with the schedule set forth by the department. A hybrid schedule is an essential function of this role.
$80,000 – $90,000. Our client offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. The firm considers a number of factors when determining compensation, including, but not limited to, education, years of experience, levels of experience, competency levels and other relevant skills and qualifications.
Salary: $80,000 – $90,000
Date Active: 9.19.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt