Premier, national, law firm is seeking a Patent Paralegal to join the Intellectual Property team in its Philadelphia office. Responsible for providing paralegal/administrative support to the Intellectual Property Group with at least 5 years’ experience in the Patent Prosecution practice area of law and be an enthusiastic team player who works under the supervision of licensed attorneys. Must maintain positive contact with attorneys, outside counsel, support staff, and clients, and observe confidentiality of client and Firm matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the preparation, filing, prosecution, and maintenance of domestic and foreign patent applications.
- Prepare client letters, reporting status of applications and patents.
- Review docket for deadlines; understand docket and deadlines and action needed on each file.
- Inform responsible attorneys of deadlines; interpret and understand the rules of the USPTO, PCT and other international patent offices, relating to IP.
- Assist with IP due diligence projects, as needed.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Familiarity with US and international patent law.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate and follow instructions effectively from a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff and provide information with professionalism and tact.
- Ability to work under pressure while producing a high volume of information with attention to detail while producing an accurate document.
- Willingness and ability to accept changing assignments and priorities.
- Ability to compose, proofread and edit (e.g., punctuation, grammar, spelling) routine memoranda and correspondence.
- Ability to identify and analyze complex issues and problems and to recommend and implement solutions.
- Strong PC knowledge in order to utilize various online electronic filings with government agencies and to maintain worksheets for clients.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word); strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Maintain accurate information in the firm’s various software applications associated with IP.
- Ability to provide quality client service to both internal and external clients effectively and professionally.
Education and Experience
- Minimum five years’ experience in the Intellectual Property Field.
- Proficient with using and/or understanding docketing software.
- Experience in on-line IP database searching.
Salary: $75,000.00-$85,000.00, dependent on experience
Date Active: 10.12.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt