New York, NY
Premier, global, law firm has an immediate opening in their Corporate department for an experienced and motivated Paralegal/Senior Paralegal in their New York office. The Paralegal applies Corporate knowledge of law and legal procedures to provide assistance to lawyers.
In this capacity, the Paralegal will:
- Perform work in an efficient and cost-effective manner so as to permit the Firm to reasonably collect fees for such work; Meet expectations of billable hours target of 1,725 (unless otherwise specified);
- Under the supervision of an attorney, coordinate, organize, prepare and interpret legal documents; Build and maintain relevant databases and files; File and provide copies to relevant parties;
- Perform factual research in internal and external databases and libraries;
- Assist with legal business transactions, and logistics, including local/remote set-up and travel arrangements;
- Partner and coordinate with internal resources and outside vendor services;
- Work overtime as required; Travel as required; and
- Handle additional projects as assigned.
- At least 4 years of Paralegal experience;
- At least 3 years of relevant Corporate experience;
- ABA-approved Paralegal Certificate; Bachelor’s Degree (preferred);
- Advanced proficiency in MS Outlook and web-based conference call/web-sharing applications;
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word and document editing/comparison applications;
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and spreadsheet/database applications;
- Advanced proficiency in MS PowerPoint and presentation applications;
- Advanced proficiency in online research and internet search resources (Lexis Nexis/Westlaw);
- Advanced knowledge of Firm and Corporate practice-area-specific procedures and terminology;
- Advanced knowledge of relevant jurisdictional/court/agency processes and procedures;
- Advanced knowledge of timekeeping and expense reporting applications; and
- Advanced knowledge of legal billing processes.
- All paralegals must comply with continuing education requirements pursuant to the requirements of their jurisdiction.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 2.1.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt