New York, NY
A large, prestigious, global, law firm has an open Blue Sky Paralegal opportunity in the Regulatory & Enforcement and Investment Funds practice groups for their NY office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the regulatory filings for over 1,000 active hedge funds.
- Interacts with clients daily regarding sales management and regulatory filing requirements.
- Maintains the Firm’s Blue Sky website and supervises client usage.
- Reviews fund offering documents in preparation for filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Reviews and files SEC documents, including monthly, quarterly and annual filings.
- Performs other work-related duties, as assigned, or as judgment or necessity dictates.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with strong academic credentials.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a Paralegal at a large law firm or hedge fund.
- Experience with hedge funds, offering documents and filings with the SEC.
Other Skills and Abilities
- In addition to the above, the following will also be required of the successful candidate:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good judgment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously and effective with others as part of a team
- Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
- A self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job
- Proofreads accurately
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 1.28.2020
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt