This position is responsible for taking a lead role in the planning and execution of operations for all activities in the Conference Centers and all planned events for which the Conference Services Department is responsible.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates catering and beverage services for daily meetings and events sponsored by the firm. This includes working with internal and external clients to determine space-planning requirements, food and beverage requirements, and staffing needs.
- Evaluates caterers’ qualifications, and searches to provide new and innovative ideas about catering and menus. Negotiates vendor prices.
- Places catering orders, and ensures they are received on time and monitors food quality.
- Works with Supervisor to plan and execute special events, which includes meeting with clients and vendors to obtain information regarding their event. Designs menus to present to internal or external client and decides on event space layout to fit the flow of events.
- Acts as the lead during events, which includes briefing staff on the plans, setting out timelines for events, ensuring proper event setup and execution.
- Assists with scheduling various meeting rooms, temporary office assignments, and other firm facilities, which includes coordinating with other departments and outside agencies to ensure all needs are met for each event. Orders after-hours food as necessary.
- Regularly evaluates conference rooms and facilities for problems such as light outages, blemishes on surfaces or technical issues, and reports any problems to the appropriate department.
- Manage coffee bars. Ensures they are cleaned and well stocked. Maintains appropriate inventory for disposable supplies including beverages, snacks, cleaning products and paper goods.
- Maintains all vendor insurance certificates.
- Assist in preparing invoices and processing payment requests.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- May provide fax, copy and other administrative duties as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience. Meeting Professional certification preferred.
- At least four years of catering and conference or event planning experience.
- Working knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette and knowledge of appropriate table settings and service ware positioning. Knowledge of proper lifting and moving techniques.
- Experience with facsimile, copy machine and PC, including knowledge of MS Office and scheduling software.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to maintain a professional demeanor within a fast-paced environment. Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization. Good attention to detail.
- Ability to lead work teams and work well as a member of a team.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time is required.
- Occasional overtime may be required.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds without assistance is necessary.
Salary: Highly competitive above market merit based compensation
Date Active: 8.5.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt