New York, NY, Washington, DC, Los Angeles, Kansas, or any other US location
Reporting to the Manager and in accordance with office, department and firm procedures, the Marketing Technology Specialist will provide support and implement changes to the firm’s website and microsite postings (CMS), InterAction CRM system, email marketing system, including database maintenance and cleanup, project management, analytics and reporting as well as other administrative duties.
- Handle email marketing requests for alerts, invitations, newsletters, announcements and registration forms utilizing Concep campaigner. Occasionally create custom email marketing templates or other HTML customizations requested by the team. Develop email marketing strategies to ensure messaging is consistent with firm’s brand and marketing objectives; distributing email campaigns; test email deliverability; measure and report on email campaigns. Assist users troubleshoot campaigns, reporting, provide training as needed and liaise with Concep when necessary to resolve problems.
- Handle website edit requests using Ruby (CMS) to make updates to practice area descriptions, job postings, news, microsites and other website content. Troubleshoot website and user issues and liaise with RubensteinTech to manage updates and technical issues as needed.
- Conduct ongoing CRM database cleanup and maintenance regarding bounced contacts and duplicates. Research contacts and companies via the internet to update profile information, business addresses, email, and job title. Ensure integrations with HR and Elite are running correctly and proactively seeking ways to enhance data in InterAction through integrations with other sources, if applicable and practical.
- Maintain the integrity of the data being brought into InterAction and the ongoing duplicate management (InterAction comes with these management tools); attend to ongoing maintenance, provide troubleshooting support and special projects that arise for InterAction.
- Complete, with supervision, special projects to improve the data integrity of specific marketing lists and contact types, including imports, data cleansing, searching and
- Maintain the high-level categories of contacts to reflect valid/invalid email addresses, opt out status, etc. ensuring specifically that clients, client personnel, companies and people are categorized using Contact Types, job functions, industry sector and specialisms.
- Provide support for exports from InterAction and email marketing campaigns, including but not limited to the filtering of mailing lists for eligible contacts, provide guidance and best practice to the marketing teams on how to construct mailing lists and search for contacts that meet the criteria for those who should be included in an event or campaign.
- Develop strategies and approaches for data cleansing, enrichment and enhancement creating a plan of daily, weekly and monthly data management tasks and proactively looking for process improvements or technology improvements that could enhance the data management process.
- Monitor collaboration between systems related to marketing technology to ensure reliability of integrated data. Assist with the launch of new software for the team when necessary.
- Work with the Manager to improve search engine optimization (SEO); generate reports on website analytics and the effectiveness of other marketing technology initiatives.
- Support the marketing and business development team by troubleshooting any technology questions regarding the website, email marketing, proposal tool, and database needs.
- Assist with the maintenance of data-related policies and procedures in the form of quick reference guides, online help, knowledge-based documentation and other documentation as assigned.
- Assist with the onboarding and training of marketing and business development members regarding marketing technology software, processes and systems.
- Work closely with the Manager to stay abreast of new legal marketing software and research.
- Perform project management tasks and other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in Marketing, Business, Computer Sciences and at least 5+ years of InterAction experience or 2 years’ of related CRM experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and email marketing programs such as Concep, ContactNet, Google Analytics and web analytics.
- Proficiency or experience with SharePoint, HTML and Content Management Systems (CMS) desired.
- Familiarity with spam/email blockers; deliverability testing and troubleshooting tools; SEO concepts and techniques; email campaign procedures; CAN-SPAM and CASL regulations.
- Thorough understanding of InterAction concepts such as company association, address sharing, folder linking, global and folder-specific additional fields, and public and private contacts; knowledge of advance InterAction concepts such as the Data Change Management tools, Folder Dependency Analyzer and Contact Type.
- Experience advocating for, and implementing new marketing technologies.
- Attention to detail, proofreading and Internet research skills with general knowledge of corporate structures.
- Familiarity with marketing principles; excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
- Must have the ability to work independently as well as within cross-functional teams in a collaborative, professional environment.
- Must have the ability to work proactively and anticipate follow up actions.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 12/1/2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt