New York, NY
The Firm seeks a Marketing Communications Production Specialist to join our highly collaborative Business Development and Marketing (BDM) Department. The role focuses on two main areas: creation, basic design, and dissemination of digital and print content, and the planning and execution of online and in-person events. This is a hands-on role for someone with strong content production knowledge and experience supporting a variety of marketing events with excellent opportunity for growth for the right candidate.
The Marketing Communications Production Specialist will lead the creation, production, and distribution of the firm’s marketing and communications content and events, including but not limited to the following:
Content Production & Management
- Client alerts
- News announcements and postings
- Editorial pitches and submissions
- Publishing and third party content aggregation
- News alerts
- Website front-end management of graphics and content
- Social media and other online posts
- Writing, editing posting, and tracking firm, practice, and attorney profiles on external sites
- Collateral and campaigns
- Internal communications and editorial calendar
- Collaborate with our Rankings & Awards Manager in collecting and tracking matter and attorney experience content for submissions, and repurposing that content for online posts, internal communications, website biographies and practice updates, and other internal and website content
- Assist the MarTech and BD groups with related communications and marketing content
- Development of infographics, templated ads, and other marketing graphics projects, and management of graphics vendors and projects as needed
- Oversee and update our BD & Marketing department’s “editorial style guide”
Coordination of Events and Other Marketing Activities:
- all aspects of event planning, logistics, execution, and assets
- CRM list management
- source and oversee branded merchandise, holiday cards, and gifts
- sponsorship assets
- oversee coordination of an extensive corporate ticketing program
- support the marketing content and activities in each of the firm’s offices (NY, DC, London, Paris)
- manage special client events such as book signings, dinners, and affinity group activities
- assist in other areas that may be required to support the marketing-related content, communications, and event needs of the department and the firm.
- manage, train, and mentor our Marketing Communications Coordinator on client event planning, list management, ticket distribution, content production, and other marketing and communications duties.
- report directly to the Head of Marketing and BD
- work closely and consult with other C&G departments, attorneys, staff, and vendors
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 to 5+ years’ experience in a marketing or communications role with direct experience in writing, editing, content-related graphics, and event support in a professional services firm, preferably a law firm.
- Must have excellent writing, editing, and grammar skills.
- Very high attention to detail with excellent organizational skills.
- Familiarity with image editing and at minimum basic experience with graphic design tools.
- Understand print and online design principles.
- Experience creating multimedia content.
- Experience designing HTML invitations, templated tribute ads, collateral, and print materials.
- Experience developing and adapting marketing communications products within brand.
- Ability to quickly synthesize complex content into accurate, succinct summaries.
- Comfort working on multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- Resourceful, dependable, proactive, can-do attitude.
- Must be able to travel to set up and oversee firm-related client and marketing events.
- Experience with at least one of the following graphics tools (or similar): Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Canva, Lumen.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Experience using CRM and email campaign software for large mailings and contact data maintenance.
- Experience using marketing automation tools such as Marketo, Pardot, or Hubspot.
- HTML and WordPress experience.
- Project coordination or project management experience.
This position is based in our New York office with a current hybrid schedule of 3 days in-office, 2 days working remotely. The expected salary range is $82,000 to $95,000, depending on experience.
Salary: $82,000 – $95,000
Date Active: 3.15.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt