New York, NY, Boston, MA
Forward thinking, global, law firm is growing and they need you! This newly-created role is a cornerstone of Firm’s growth strategy, giving you the opportunity to make a significant and positive impact on their reputation with clients, peers, recruits, the media and the entire industry. The Marketing Communications Manager is a leader of campaigns, advisor to partner & practices and the driving force behind the content marketing engine.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, this role works with attorneys and the entire Creative, Technology & Business Development teams to create and promote external and internal content for print, digital, and social media platforms to support practices, industries, recruiting, diversity, media and pro bono initiatives. The Manager drives the execution of content marketing campaigns across digital, social and traditional channels. This position will have 3 direct reports.
Content Marketing & Management
- Lead and support content creation & marketing campaigns.
- Partner with Business Development teams across practice and industry groups to translate their business and marketing strategies into brand & content strategies to promote key strengths of practice groups, offices and individual attorneys.
- Work with Creative teams to produce high-quality & impactful attorney bios, thought-leadership reports, editorial pieces and other content.
- Lead strategy on effective packaging, and re-packaging, of content across channels & platforms, and, with the Technology team, with a lens on effective digital marketing techniques such as SEO & web optimization.
Social and Digital Media
- Advise on the execution and evolution of our digital & social channels and platforms.
- Provide strategic input, vendor oversight and hands-on support for the production of new media storytelling (Ceros, Wibbitz), videos, and social media content throughout production lifecycle.
- Advise on strategy for paid and organic social media campaigns, social media scheduling and analytics (Sprout Social) and employee advocacy platform (Clearview Social).
- Ensure the content of Firm’s website and microsites maintain strategic focus on key messaging.
- Lead strategy & execution of campaigns and messaging to promote our people, expertise, and initiatives.
- Act as the Marketing & Communications representative for the Firm’s non-practice and administrative groups, such as Pro Bono, DEI, Recruiting, HR and others.
- Develop and deliver group and individual training (formal and informal) on key platforms, processes, and communications skills to attorneys and business professionals.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or advanced degree a plus, preferably in a relevant field, such as Marketing, Journalism, English, or Communications.
- 8+ years’ experience in professional services marketing or corporate communications with relevant B2B content marketing & writing experience. Law firm experience a plus.
- Creative thinking, able to produce unique, appropriate, and memorable content.
- Willing to take on the range of tasks and a “roll up your sleeves” approach to get the job done to the highest standards.
- A self-starter with strong project management skills under minimal supervision. Effectively manages demanding situations, competing priorities and aligns resources to produce excellent work product on time, on budget, on schedule. Displays strong, innovative, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Commercially aware, sensitive to the concerns and needs of internal & external clients.
- Excellent writing and editorial skills; able to focus written materials to ensure impact on targeted business and legal audiences.
- A portfolio of relevant work (print, digital, social) that demonstrates strategic thinking, an engaging writing style, and a solid command of language.
- Comfortable with technology and experience with digital design (Ceros, Wibbitz) and social media platforms (Sprout Social, Clearview Social).
- Awareness of and ability to link social and digital media, public relations/news, marketing, and editorial priorities to the Firm’s strategy.
- Experience with and an understanding of digital and social media (process, opportunities, and risks).
- Experience working with digital marketing tactics, such as social media management and advertising, email marketing campaigns, and website optimization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Possesses a good understanding of business trends and relevant products.
- Ability to contribute to the professional growth and development of our team through collaboration, demonstrating teamwork, and identifying opportunities to develop new processes/improve infrastructure.
- Exercises strong judgment that considers multiple factors in decision making, especially with respect to Firm’s reputation.
- Consistently demonstrates knowledge and support of Firm’s mission and business plans of the department.
- Develops and sustains cooperative working relationships, fosters commitment, team spirit, pride, and trust. Flexible and proactive, able to quickly adapt to the team environment.
- Consistently demonstrates a high level of understanding, courtesy, tact, empathy, and concern in all interactions.
- Prior experience managing staff is required.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and develop teams.
- Proven leadership and management abilities.
- Demonstrated experience in employee relations, performance improvement and separations.
- Outstanding sense of customer service, with demonstrated ability to instill this in others.
- Actively seeks input from relevant sources when making decisions, is always willing to listen to multiple perspectives, and openly encourages a diversity of opinions.
- Ability to work “virtually” with local, regional, and hybrid teams.
*This job description is a general description of the types of responsibilities that are required of an individual in this job. It is not intended to be a complete list of the responsibilities, duties and skills that may be required for this job.
Salary: $140,000.00-$160,000.00, dependent on experience
Date Active: 4.15.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt