New York, NY
A globally ranked law firm is seeking a marketing communications professional to join their BD & Marketing (BDM) Department in an exciting and interesting hybrid role that requires expertise in editorial planning and management of marketing and business communications content, including drafting and writing, design, production, and distribution; event strategy and logistics; creation and execution of marcom campaigns; and oversight of website and all marketing content and engagement.
Candidates should have hands-on experience in all four disciplines and ideally will have experience in a professional services firm or agency. A portfolio demonstrating the candidate’s relevant work is highly recommended, but not required.
This new position will interact with all members of the firm’s BDM team, including the MarCom staff, as well as the firm’s attorneys in the U.S. and abroad and with outside vendors and resources.
The ideal candidate will have experience and comfort being responsible for conceiving, coordinating, advancing, and reporting on projects in a professional services environment and with multiple stakeholders. Must be based in New York City. Salary and job title commensurate with experience.
Work closely with the firm’s Communications Manager, Senior BD Manager, Head of BD and Marketing, other staff, and attorneys to develop and execute strategies and tactics that drive marketing and communications success in four principal marcom areas, along with other responsibilities as needed.
Editorial Development and Management
- Responsibility for drafting, editing, and disseminating content for external and internal marketing and communications projects, from firm announcements to long-form thought leadership
- Responsibility for continuous monitoring, optimization, proactive content improvement, and rapid updating and synchronization of all content on every platform, including the firm’s website and social media channels, third-party profiles (e.g., online directory profiles), and alliance partner content (e.g., CLE materials)
- Plan, design, edit, and manage the repurposing of thought leadership and marketing content across a wide range of platforms and channels
- Develop and continually update cross-platform editorial calendar for the firm
- Develop templates for a wide variety of marketing communications materials for the firm
- Develop internal training materials, tips, and campaigns to encourage content sharing
- Assist in developing internal style manuals to promote firmwide editorial consistency
- Continuously identify, edit, and manage all attorney and firm profiles and other marketing content found online; correct outdated firm profiles and materials
MarCom Campaigns, Design, and Production
- Write, produce, and oversee content, design, dissemination, and tracking for email campaigns, email newsletters, thought leadership, and other MarCom projects
- Convert content and data into interesting infographics to accompany firm’s marketing and communications content
- Hands-on planning, creation, post-production, and delivery of podcasts, videos of varying length and complexity, interactive webinars, online and in-person events, and related audiovisual and interactive content
- Lead or assist with the implementation of internal communications campaigns, including the management of internal communications platforms such as intranets, online collaboration tools, and multi-media and interactive communications
- Produce and deliver graphics for event signage and materials, online and print collateral, web content, key presentations, social media posts, ads, video posts, and other design projects
- Plan, track, report, and troubleshoot technical issues arising in multiplatform marketing and communications campaigns
- Oversee the planning, implementation, and excellent execution of all aspects and logistics for the firm’s internal and external events (virtual and in-person) including dinners, receptions, webinars, seminars, other educational programming, and marquee and special events.
- Oversee the firm’s robust sporting event and season ticketing program and related internal and event producer systems
- Negotiate contracts and build relationships with vendors, outside contractors, and suppliers.
- Oversee the purchasing and design of firm-branded promotional items.
- Provide on-site management for firm events and coordinate all details of event deliverables, including handout materials, name badges, signage, giveaways, etc.
Website and Digital Marketing and Management
- Serve as the marketing and communications lead responsible for posting and editing content – including practice descriptions, announcements, media mentions, news items, etc. – on the firm’s website, social media channels, email marketing platform, and gamut of marketing channels
- Conduct regular audits of the firm’s website for broken links, style consistency, outdated content, and potential typos and correct as needed
- Manage and encourage regular contributions by attorneys to blogs or other online content
- Assist practice groups and lawyers in boosting their social media presence, elevating profiles, creating content for sharing, and conducting training workshops
- Assist in the optimization of content for SEO; perform competitive analyses and market research to provide suggestions for improving the quality of content, new channels to reach target audiences, and other marketing communications tactics
- Manage firm’s marketing digital assets, such as image files and visual identity materials
- Excellent written communication skills. Adapts the content, tone, style, and form to suit the needs of the reader, the subject, and the purpose of the communication
- Extremely strong attention to detail and accuracy of all content and communications
- Can edit materials to ensure consistency of content across different formats
- Ability to think strategically: assess information, anticipate issues and outcomes, and make effective decisions
- Knowledge of marketing concepts, principles and practices
- Proven project management skills, including the ability to set and manage priorities, plan, implement, follow through and evaluate
- Proactive and self-directed approach to meeting deadlines and managing multiple priorities
- Several years of professional services marketing communications experience at a management level desired. Law firm experience a plus
- Proven prior responsibility for marketing and communications campaigns
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage projects from beginning to end, as well as experience with long-term planning, follow-up recommendations, and results tracking.
- Extensive experience with leveraging content and editorial management systems, email campaigns, event management tools, and marcom data quality and best practices
- Experience leading junior team members and providing oversight as a project leader
- Ideally, hands-on knowledge of InDesign or similar; experience producing podcasts, videos, and visual social media content (such as social media cards, gifs, trailers)
- A creative, open-minded approach to learning and deploying new multimedia tools, including immersive experiences and content
Salary: $125,000.00 to $175,000.00, dependent on experience
Date Active: 10.20.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt